Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

odd Bank deposit ?

Old 01-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Question odd Bank deposit ?

Looking at my bank account online, I see this, and have NO IDEA where it came from.... is this a scam or something I don't know about? It's just a hundred bux, but WTF?

Scheduled for:01/13/2012

Description:INTEREST CREDIT ADVANTAGE PAYOUT
In-process

Amount:$101.00

Transaction type: DEPOSIT
Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
ಠ_ಠ
DeadWeasel is on a distinguished road

Name: Rex
DeadWeasel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm dubious. Sounds like an illegit loan operation.. they deposit the money then charge you 900% interest...

Obviously don't spend it, find out the depositer, check your credit for recent
queries.

Call the bank too. Make a record of it.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Might be a fuckup. I once had $5000 randomly deposited into my account and withdrawn like 30 minutes to a few hours later. I presume the teller fucked up and put somebody elses money in to my account by mistake.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
should I be worried? ? ? ?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
i'd be more worried if it showed a withdrawal, but yes, anytime you see something that doesn't belong in your account, you should be worried enough to go check it out with the bank.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
ಠ_ಠ
DeadWeasel is on a distinguished road

Name: Rex
DeadWeasel's Tacoma Gallery
he's right, it'll probably disappear tomorrow, with any luck...

I used to be in the legal side of loan sharking (title loans, yuck... I apologize before the barage ) and we used to hear about the free money showing up only to have another debt 10x the amount deposited. Our customers were not always wary of this... It was just 'FREE MONEY! WHUT!? Yeeaaa Boooi!! Get my Boo and gunna blow dis joint UP!'....

Glad you're checking on it.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
Do you get interest on your checking account? I do and there are deposits made from the bank into my account for it.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #8
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Don't spend it, most likely it is a bank mistake and when they catch it they will withdraw the money immediately.

It could be some sort of a bank program tho, interest or points from a credit/debit card. If you have one with them.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
should I be worried? ? ? ?
YES

Get to the bank and find out WTF it came from and how/why.

It could be anything....but....it could be similar to credit card scams, they will attempt to FISH your account to see if they have the proper information. If the deposit goes thru, then they know they have the right numbers and can/will access your account later on.

If you & the bank find a scam - CHANGE your account numbers IMMEDIATELY and get yourself a credit check.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
One time I had a mysterious $8000 deposit in my account, yes I said $8000!!! I said nothing and had a great time
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #11
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
yep just call the back and ask and if not legit refuse it
Old 01-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
gilbert07 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
gilbert07's Tacoma Gallery
banks are offering a high interest credit line that attaches to your checking you should be able to log into your bank and click the accounts option and you will see all accounts good luck
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Did you ever get this straightened out?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy of mine once deposited his paycheck and the teller accidently entered the amount twice. So mistakes do happen. As tempting as it was, he did call the bank and had it corrected.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Shit, that was mine, I must have put in the wrong account number when I deposited it. Would you mind sending it back through paypal, I'll even cover the 3% fee