LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

heating issues/ blowing cold air when stopped

Old 01-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
heating issues/ blowing cold air when stopped

a friend of mine has a nissan xterra and the heat is not working properly, When the car is moving the car heats up fine but when she stops at redlight it blows cold air, what could be the issue, bad thermostat or some type of sensor
Old 01-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
The first thing I'd check is the coolant level. Too low a level might not circulate through the heater at low RPM, but could at higher RPM. There may also be a bleeder somewhere on the top side of the engine that might have to be bleed to purge air in the system. I'm just throwing these ideas out. I have no direct knowledge of Nissans, but have had both these issues with previously owned vehicles that suffered the same problem.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
The first thing I'd check is the coolant level. Too low a level might not circulate through the heater at low RPM, but could at higher RPM. There may also be a bleeder somewhere on the top side of the engine that might have to be bleed to purge air in the system. I'm just throwing these ideas out. I have no direct knowledge of Nissans, but have had both these issues with previously owned vehicles that suffered the same problem.
I am checking these right now, thank you
Old 01-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Tell him to get rid of the Nissan and buy a Toyota and he wont have these kind of problems
Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Low on coolant, clogged heater core, weak water pump. Most likely a clogged heater core. Might try back flushing it.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
rdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Officer
Name: Rick
rdm197aps's Tacoma Gallery
could be a vacuum problem, maybe (big maybe) there is not enough vacuum produced when the engine is idling. most vehicles use vacuum to work the actuator that closes the flap between the heat and cool side of the heater box under the dash (or where ever it is located, usually near the blower motor.) just an idea...