Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Is anyone truly happy with their marriage?

Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snoozeworm's Tacoma Gallery
Is anyone truly happy with their marriage?

Like the thread says....are you really happy? I have been married for 2 years now, and on a good day if you asked me how it is, i would say its great! But i feel like 30% of the time i just wish she would go away and stop pestering me about everything. Its better than it is bad, but is that how i should expect to spend the rest of my life?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have been married for 18 years in may and I am truly happy.. Just have flat times and great times have to stick it out through both and communication is the key.. tell her what your upset about and she tells you the same thing
Old 01-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
One word Yes I am!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Guess you shouldn't have married if you want her to go away.

25+ happy years here.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
....... .......... ... .................................................. ..................................!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Marriage isn't what's it cracked up to be. That's why 50% of marriages end in divorce.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, I am. She is a great woman, mother and wife. Sure you will have good times and bad times, but that's what relationships are all about. Too many people are too quick to want to end things just because something doesn't go his/her way.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
the whole key to being happily married is communication. sounds simple, but it isn't. not by a longshot. i think too many people aren't interested in putting in the effort and as a result, they just complain and hope that things will somehow change.

OP, your wife needs to know how you feel. i wouldn't tell her 1/3 of the time you feel like she is a nag and she needs to stop, but at the same time, if she does things that really bother you, there should be a nice way that you can tell her what it is that she is doing that gets under your skin. at the same time, perhaps you can find out from her things you could do better, so it isn't just a one sided argument and she winds up feeling attacked. many times the key to communications between husband and wife is not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. i have learned this the hard way on more than a few occasions.

i've only been married for 6 years, so i'm still figuring stuff out along the way. for example, i still haven't figured out a nice way of telling my wife i want to bang her best friend in a 3 some, but maybe one day i'll work my way up to that besides making jokes about it. lol. anyway, everyone who i talk to who has been married a long time seems to say the same thing - communication is the key.

good luck.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i sure am i've only been married 3 months. but have been together 7 years. expecting our first kid in june i cant be happier.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
I put gas in her, get all recommended maintenance done and she makes sure I get to where I need to go, completely happy, lmao.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Got married this weekend! No complaints as of today!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozeworm View Post
Like the thread says....are you really happy? I have been married for 2 years now, and on a good day if you asked me how it is, i would say its great! But i feel like 30% of the time i just wish she would go away and stop pestering me about everything. Its better than it is bad, but is that how i should expect to spend the rest of my life?
Then WTH did you get married for, esp if you're only 20?!

Expectations - what are yours and hers?

Marriage is a partnership, just like a business. Think about it.

You can't expect to just run the biz just like you want - your partner has ideas too and is half owner - if you don't discuss and agree, the business fails and you both leave in debt. In business, not every day is a sell-a-thon. Some days you don't sell squat. Other days, customers come in with returns. So you have to work at it to advertise, smile at customers even when you don't feel like it, etc. You don't just say "oh, today sucked, let's close the store down."

Last but not least, nothing is easy, especially if it's worthwhile.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
the whole key to being happily married is communication. sounds simple, but it isn't. not by a longshot. i think too many people aren't interested in putting in the effort and as a result, they just complain and hope that things will somehow change.

OP, your wife needs to know how you feel. i wouldn't tell her 1/3 of the time you feel like she is a nag and she needs to stop, but at the same time, if she does things that really bother you, there should be a nice way that you can tell her what it is that she is doing that gets under your skin. at the same time, perhaps you can find out from her things you could do better, so it isn't just a one sided argument and she winds up feeling attacked. many times the key to communications between husband and wife is not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. i have learned this the hard way on more than a few occasions.

i've only been married for 6 years, so i'm still figuring stuff out along the way. for example, i still haven't figured out a nice way of telling my wife i want to bang her best friend in a 3 some, but maybe one day i'll work my way up to that besides making jokes about it. lol. anyway, everyone who i talk to who has been married a long time seems to say the same thing - communication is the key.

good luck.
yep that is what I said and it will be 18years in may
Old 01-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
No idea how long I've beenmarried. My job is to remember the date. That being said, YES! Truely happy here!!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #15
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Marriage isn't what's it cracked up to be. That's why 50% of marriages end in divorce.
The rest end in death. I'm not really seeing the upside at this point.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I have been married to many years I think at times..I agree with others Communication is the key. It is that simple. I know that when Dawn and I don't communicate , we hit a flat spot in the marriage, but after being together 13 years and married 8 of them , you kind of know when this is occuring and then act on it. People become to comfortable in marriages and forget to " spice" it up once in a while..jsut my two cents.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
skeeert
CopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kins
CopyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you're not happy dont be afraid to talk about it and if nothing changes its time to nut up or shut up. Recently divorced as well
Old 01-15-2012, 10:36 AM   #19
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
I have been married for 18 years in may and I am truly happy.. Just have flat times and great times have to stick it out through both and communication is the key.. tell her what your upset about and she tells you the same thing
I'm getting married next month and LOVE her to death, I'd take a bullet for her in a second!

Sometimes she gets on my nerves but I'm SURE I get on hers to, we talk at least once a week about the good and bad. If I feel like she did me wrong I'll tell her, just like she will me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Guess you shouldn't have married if you want her to go away.

25+ happy years here.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Quote:
83 Percent of All Statistics Are Made Up on the Spot
http://drtimball.com/2011/83-percent...p-on-the-spot/

Where's your proof of this?

You don't have any,

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/pe...e-divorce-rate

# 1 United States: 4.95 per 1,000 people

I was with someone who didn't make me happy for over a year, never again.

Try to talk to her, if it doesn't work the ball is in your court. Life is to short to be miserable though.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
NBHNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter500ky View Post
I'm getting married next month and LOVE her to death, I'd take a bullet for her in a second!

Sometimes she gets on my nerves but I'm SURE I get on hers to, we talk at least once a week about the good and bad. If I feel like she did me wrong I'll tell her, just like she will me.

Yep!

http://drtimball.com/2011/83-percent...p-on-the-spot/

Where's your proof of this?

You don't have any,

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/pe...e-divorce-rate

# 1 United States: 4.95 per 1,000 people

I was with someone who didn't make me happy for over a year, never again.

Try to talk to her, if it doesn't work the ball is in your court. Life is to short to be miserable though.
good luck and you seem to have it right already.. I would do the same for my wife