Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What tools do you keep in your Tacoma at all times?

Old 01-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
SHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Wyatt
SHAKE JONES's Tacoma Gallery
What items do you keep in your Tacoma at all times?

I went out today and bought a few things to keep with me at all times. I don't have a toolbox yet so I kept it limited to what I could stuff in one bag/box that would be easily (re)moved. I didn't want to dump a bunch of money into it yet so I set an $80 limit and still didn't reach it today. My stores of choice were Harbor Freight and Walmart. I'm pretty pleased with what I got and if any of it gets damaged/lost/stolen, I won't be TOO concerned. Here is what I have so far...

- 16" Stanley tote bag
- 40pc socket set (3/8 drive with 1/4 adapter)
- Assorted screwdrivers of most shapes and sizes
- Several assorted pliers
- Zip ties
- Heat shrink tubing
- Soldering kit
- Wiring kit
- SAE, metric, torx allen wrench packs
- SAE and metric wrench sets
- Measuring tape
- Free LED flashlight from Harbor Freight

I also had a leatherman multi-tool laying around so I threw it in there as well.

So what tools do you guys keep in your Tacoma at all times?
Old 01-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
Banned
hamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamsterhater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hamsterhater's Tacoma Gallery
thats a nice setup you have. you could pull the motor with that i have a jumper pack and assorted screw drivers and pliers. if i go on road trip i throw in sockets and wrenches. nice job
Old 01-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Small socket set
Screwdrivers
Vise grips
Pliers
Flashlight
Multitool
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
tool kit(1/2, 3/8, 1/4 inch stuff, also wrenches), recovery gear, flashlights, hatchet, other doodads.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
SHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shedSHAKE JONES is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
tool kit(1/2, 3/8, 1/4 inch stuff, also wrenches), recovery gear, flashlights, hatchet, other doodads.
Recovery gear is next on my list. You just reminded me that I have a Gerber hatchet that would look nice under my back seat!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Glock 23 .40 pistol. Not so many tools, though.

EDIT - Sorry, didn't see the word tools in the title. Thought it was just "What do you keep in your Tacoma..." I didn't mean to thread-crap.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Assorted wrenches, screwdrivers, allen keys, hammer, duct tape, zip ties, knives, etc.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
just random sockets, a crecent wrench and a hammer right now but im working on getting more.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
Sorry, didn't see the word tools in the title. Thought it was just "What do you keep in your Tacoma..." I didn't mean to thread-crap.
Hey, I guess anything used to "FIX" a problem would be a tool am I right?!

EDIT: Changed the title to read "What items do you keep in your Tacoma at all times?
Old 01-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #12
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
Toilet paper!!!
THIS!!
Old 01-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
THIS!!
x3
Old 01-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
YoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant futureYoaterBoater has a brilliant future

Name: Jason
YoaterBoater's Tacoma Gallery
Got an MRE in the back along with toilet paper, socket set, screwdrivers, knife, pipe wrench
Old 01-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #15
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=mws4ua;4362582]Glock 23 .40 pistol. Not so many tools, though.

Thats a fine tool sir. I own one as well. Excellent stopping power.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
The Shape's Tacoma Gallery
I used to carry a butt load of tools in my old FOX Mustangs, but since I got into the Tacomas I haven't needed any yet.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
I used to carry a butt load of tools in my old FOX Mustangs, but since I got into the Tacomas I haven't needed any yet.
i know the feeling! Heres to hoping i wont need any of mine!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Jumper cables
Small socket set
Flashlight
Lighter
can of Fix A Flat
Pocket knife
Glock 27
Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #19
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
I think the question is, WHERE do you guys keep all this stuff?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #20
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
i also have a pry bar for cv removal and spare CV axle.

i keep it in a box in the bed most times. I have two bags. a small necessity bag under the seat and a "wheeling tote" with tons of just in case crap.