Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Need a topic for speech class!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Common Sense Ninja
thatSchusterguy is on a distinguished road
thatSchusterguy's Tacoma Gallery
Need a topic for speech class!

I need a topic for my speech class about a policy the government has, this is ANY POLICY that is worthwhile (and hasn't been taken already ) The one stipulation is that it cannot be any of these:

Human Trafficking
Water Resource Policy
Concealed Carry <- I was going to write the shit out of that but some female stole it from me!
Age Restrictions for Alcohol
Stop Light Cameras
Animal Rights
Healthcare
Driving with cell phone
Death Penalty
Smoking Bans
Dress codes in the workplace? (not sure how that applies to gov't but hey it's not my class)
Balanced Budget Amendment
Birth Control
SOPA<-looks like that's not going to be an issue any more haha!
Legalization of Marijuana <- I'm going to say that this person has a 99% chance of being a freshman male

I would think of something myself, but I'm an ignorant tard and try to avoid any and all news/media/information so I have little idea of what's going on in the world outside of my bubble...plus I acknowledge that there's people on here who have a much larger range of experience with some unknown-to-me awesomeness that's waiting to be revealed to the world of my n00b speech class

Go Go Gadget TW-thinktank!!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
ummm how about government spending
Old 01-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
"The Emblem of a Free Man is a Gun"
Ccwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedCcwahoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Chris
Ccwahoo's Tacoma Gallery
How about the Patriot Act
Old 01-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Common Sense Ninja
Both good ideas, I thing spending would fall under the "balanced budget act" so I'll leave that alone but Patriot Act is a good one...
Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
how bout that internet sensorship thing?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
Common Sense Ninja
SOPA? It's already taken and they pretty much killed it today so it's old news now!
http://www.examiner.com/computers-in...use-kills-sopa
Old 01-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #8
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
If the Concealed Carry subject interested you, maybe you'd be allowed to do something with Permit Reciprocity between states. There have been half-a-dozen high profile cases recently, in which otherwise law-abiding persons who were permit holders in their home states, were arrested in New York: a state that offers no reciprocity to other state's permit holders. There should be quite a bit of research information available as it's a politically hot item.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Entitlement programs.
Social Security--entitlement program??? ABSOLUTEY NOT.
It is your money--you pay the government to hold it for you.
AGAIN its your money.
Can send more info --if you like.
HUGE issue--Government PONZI SCHEME.
There are many more issues-this is just ONE.
DEADBEATS with Kids and welfare-no job-and collecting over $100,000 in government HANDOUTS per year-
DONT get me started--You can try to enlighten some folks-and learn something TOO!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #11
TacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud of
TacoSurf4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Ah public speaking is one of my favorites! No one to correct my poor spelling! lol

I remember debating in speech class on elderly driving. Not too many people think about it but the numbers of accidents/deaths are pretty high. I don't remeber if it was different states or countries that have different standards such as manditory driving test after a certain age.

Gov't subsidised corn? They pay farmers if they grow more corn that they can sell. You'd be surprised at how much of the food we eat and even drink has corn in it. 50% of corn grown in the US goes to livestock that were not indened to eat corn... problems ensue.

Tribal sovernty? How much should the Gov't impose itself on Indian reservations/gaming. I know very little on the subject but its kinda interesting.

If you want to get a laugh from some people I saw an atricle on yahoo about the use of dolphins in the military. They are trained to find mines and drop an acoustic responder nearby. Great that animals can be used to save lives but the animal lovers would argue that would potentialy make all dolphins a target.

My mind thinks differently from most but these are the first that came to it. Good luck and lemme know if I can be help as I do enjoy this stuff.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Common Sense Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
If the Concealed Carry subject interested you, maybe you'd be allowed to do something with Permit Reciprocity between states. There have been half-a-dozen high profile cases recently, in which otherwise law-abiding persons who were permit holders in their home states, were arrested in New York: a state that offers no reciprocity to other state's permit holders. There should be quite a bit of research information available as it's a politically hot item.
That's awesome but the person who took the topic labeled it as "concealed carry in the US" so I think that would be out of the question...definitely information that interests me though I'll look into that for personal use haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
How about how a internet truck forum stepped and helped out a member in need.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...hrough-tw.html
That is awesome in every sense of the word, I knew this forum was a pretty tight-knit community but that is beyond anything I've ever seen from a group of people with one common connection. Just goes to show how many good people there are in the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by newertoy View Post
Entitlement programs.
Social Security--entitlement program??? ABSOLUTEY NOT.
It is your money--you pay the government to hold it for you.
AGAIN its your money.
Can send more info --if you like.
HUGE issue--Government PONZI SCHEME.
There are many more issues-this is just ONE.
DEADBEATS with Kids and welfare-no job-and collecting over $100,000 in government HANDOUTS per year-
DONT get me started--You can try to enlighten some folks-and learn something TOO!
PM sent this is the kind of thinking I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
How about how the made pizza a vegetable?
Wait pizza WASN'T a vegetable?......

No wonder fat people are going to wind up ruling this country.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
How about PIPA?

Its the houses variant of SOPA.

As one bill gets shot to pieces, the dickheads behind the scenes make a slightly less obvious version of the same thing.