Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

whats the best way to get the most cash for my ex's wedding ring

Old 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
whats the best way to get the most cash for my ex's wedding ring

so when my ex wife turned into a whore we split up and i kept her ring (since i paid for it) and she kept mine(since she paid for it). but its been 3 years now and im sick of seeing it on my shelf and so is my girlfriend lol.

basically im wondering whats the best way to turn that sucker into cash. i do not want to just take it to a pawn shop, nor do i want to send it to any gold buyer. it has diamonds on it i know are worth money. its magiglow white gold and princess cut diamonds, and the ring plus anniversary band cost around 2.2k. thats all i know.

maybe craigslist? thats what my mom says, she claims people buy that kind of shit up like crazy. but i dont want any sketchy strangers comin to my house to look at it and than taking off with it.

any ideas?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Jdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdaniel1274 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Daniel
Jdaniel1274's Tacoma Gallery
Check out some of your local jewelry stores, they might know someone who would buy the ring.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
if you do CL. meet at a wall-mart or something!! i would never have someone come to the house for something like that!! or anything! unless i could not move it to meet some wear! just my $0.02
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
And watch out for fake bills - to be safer pawn shop or jewelry store
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdaniel1274 View Post
Check out some of your local jewelry stores, they might know someone who would buy the ring.
x2

And definitely meet somewhere public for something like that if you're going to put it on CL. I find CL leads to too many problems with low-ballers and complainers though.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
JCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCBigler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JCBigler's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to a jewelry store and have them sell it on consignment if they don't want to buy it out right. Given that gold and diamonds have gone up over the last couple of years, you may be able to get more out of it than you paid for it.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Do not let anyone come to your house if you sell on craigslist! Some jewelers will buy stuff and some have trade ins if you buy something more expensive (which might not be the best option since your stuff is so expensive).
Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
throw it on the ground in front of a rich person and when they bend over to pick it up, rob them.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #9
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
I would think if you sold it on craigslist you'd get lowball offers only since the buyer would be purchasing a diamond ring off craigslist! If you went the craigslist route I would try to pay $50 or $100 to a gemologist (not sure what their title is but a certified diamond dealer of some type" and have the prospective buyer meet you at the store so they can be assured they are buying a real diamond. I don't know if any diamond dealers would do that since they are trying to sell their own rings but I think it would be worth the extra money, I would think you'd more than recoup that cost because of the increase of the final sales price.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Instead of giving it away cheap to jewelry store, I would keep for the next you decide to......

Just don't tell her you bought it for another woman!
If you go this route, she must never know!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
throw it on the ground in front of a rich person and when they bend over to pick it up, rob them.
Best answer by far hands down
Old 01-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #14
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Instead of giving it away cheap to jewelry store, I would keep for the next you decide to......

Just don't tell her you bought it for another woman!
He said his girlfriend is tired of looking at it so I think it's too late for that. Haha.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #15

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
He said his girlfriend is tired of looking at it so I think it's too late for that. Haha.
He also never said he was going to marry the current girlfriend...
Old 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #16
Deltabox's Better Half

himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
He also never said he was going to marry the current girlfriend...
Oh snap!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
eBay!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
melt the gold and stick the diamond in your teeth
Old 01-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #20
4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed4OYOTER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alan
4OYOTER's Tacoma Gallery
Some years ago I bought an engagement ring from Jared Jewelers for $3700. When I went to sell it a few years later the best offer I got from local shops was $800. I ended up selling it on ebay for $1700. Much better than what the local shops offered! It was a Leo Diamond ring so it probably helped that I had all the original certificates, receipts, etc..