For Forever Photography 1 2.50%
For Life Images 1 2.50%
Never Lost Images 3 7.50%
The Perfect Angle Photography 6 15.00%
Home Life Images 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
wut selection
x2
Old 01-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Que?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of good names there man. I went with snapshot in time.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
chose erin danielle photography, most clean and professional, not cheesy
x2.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #9
TeenTaco is a jewel in the roughTeenTaco is a jewel in the roughTeenTaco is a jewel in the roughTeenTaco is a jewel in the rough
TeenTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You should name it. . . 'Pics or It Didn't Happen'
Old 01-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Crap I picked the name and its taken . Not really feeling the others . But good luck with the business , that's an extremely tough buisness to go into .
Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #11
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
theTupper's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theTupper Send a message via Skype™ to theTupper
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
"Erin Danielle Photography" is currently used by someone else but can that really hold a copyright since its a person's name and a simple noun?
It could be a problem if that other person has trademarked their business name. Although, most trademark laws only apply if you are in a competing area for business. If business 1 and business 2 are in different states, the names shouldn't be an issue as there isn't confusion as to which business a prospective customer is utilizing.

I'm not a lawyer, but went through the same frustrations when choosing my business name. Consult a trademark lawyer for legally binding advice.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I'd modify one and go with 'Perfect Angles'
Old 01-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theTupper View Post
It could be a problem if that other person has trademarked their business name. Although, most trademark laws only apply if you are in a competing area for business. If business 1 and business 2 are in different states, the names shouldn't be an issue as there isn't confusion as to which business a prospective customer is utilizing.

I'm not a lawyer, but went through the same frustrations when choosing my business name. Consult a trademark lawyer for legally binding advice.
x2

Erin Danielle Photography is very professional sounding

the others are kinda "fauxtographer" sounding, sorry if that is harsh but you need to be marketable with a professional name.

Also be sure to post in the photography section as well
Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
What does she take photos of? Landscape? People? Weddings? Planets?
People getting married in beautiful landscapes on this planet.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
What does she take photos of? Landscape? People? Weddings? Planets?
Minus the planets hopefully all of that. I love nature. I think we will start by offering free sessions as long as we are reimbursed for gas expense and as long as the subject agrees to give credit and leave the business name in the corner of the photo. The subject should have a Facebook and post them publicly. Offer a few free sessions for singles/couples/weddings to promote the name and get experience then go from there.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Minus the planets hopefully all of that. I love nature. I think we will start by offering free sessions as long as we are reimbursed for gas expense and as long as the subject agrees to give credit and leave the business name in the corner of the photo. The subject should have a Facebook and post them publicly. Offer a few free sessions for singles/couples/weddings to promote the name and get experience then go from there.
if you wanna start up a legitimate photography business check out this site

http://dgrin.com/ (good forum)

www.smugmug.com to share your photos

DO NOT give out your prints for free, DO NOT settle for credit only
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #19

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd get plenty of practice and such before you start doing weddings. I have no idea how good you are. You could already be great... But people take wedding pictures very seriously. We went with a less-than-stellar wedding photographer (my in-laws' choice) and I've regretted it ever since. Don't sell somebody short on pictures that are going to mean a lot to them for the rest of their lives.

Sorry... had to throw in my $0.02
Old 01-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #20

Also be sure to get insurance for the equipment as your homeowner's insurance will not cover it as it is being used for a business.

Also your equipment is very important. Invest in good fast glass (low f stops) and at least one professional camera body. Don't forget speed lights as well. You will need a good computer for all post processing.