Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Why Do Lemons Happen?

Old 01-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
QA/QC tries to make sure every single vehicle is made identicle but it could be an accident in assembly, a bad batch of parts, shipping damage, etc. Basically, shit happens.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I too have wondered about this... How do you get a collection of bad parts in one vehicle...
Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
I too have wondered about this... How do you get a collection of bad parts in one vehicle...
It doesn't have to be a collection. A single part can cause other parts to fail over and over again. It doesn't matter how many times you replace the failed part, the part that was made out of tolerance will keep causing it to fail quickly. For example, say the output shaft on an engine is slightly bent where it meets the transmission. It causes the car to puke the tranny 3 times, the dealership keeps replacing the transmission but the problem was an engine part.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
And when you're making parts by the millions, bad ones will get through to the customer and ultimately the end user.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It doesn't have to be a collection. A single part can cause other parts to fail over and over again. It doesn't matter how many times you replace the failed part, the part that was made out of tolerance will keep causing it to fail quickly. For example, say the output shaft on an engine is slightly bent where it meets the transmission. It causes the car to puke the tranny 3 times, the dealership keeps replacing the transmission but the problem was an engine part.

How about completely unrelated problem parts/components/systems failing in one vehicle. I'm sure we all have heard or owned such a vehicle...

How do you explain or account for that? Other than on a Yugo, of course!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How about completely unrelated problem parts/components/systems failing in one vehicle. I'm sure we all have heard or owned such a vehicle...

Easy, it was built on a Friday at 4:55 PM
Old 01-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #9

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Bad luck, coincidence, who knows? Like Ben said, they're producing parts by the millions, every once in a while there will be anomolies. Also, the lemon laws I'm familiar with are for the same problem occuring multiple times within a certain amount of time, not multiple failures.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #10

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Easy, it was built on a Friday at 4:55 PM
That's probably more accurate than my response
Old 01-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
End of the model year like the last week of Aug.,,, not a good one to buy... Jim