Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Dealer Trade In

Old 11-30-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer Trade In

I have an 06 DC short bed with 24,000 miles. I sniffed around the 09's and asked the dealer what I could expect for a trade with mine. He told me about 17,500. I laughed and told him I know friends who got about $5000 more and they had more than double the mileage. Anyone trade recently and if so, some of the numbers they got for the trade. Happy Holidays!!!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
ugotdubbz is on a distinguished road
ugotdubbz's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what options your truck has, but I bought my used 06 DC shortbed prerunner w/ Off road package and 29K miles 2 weeks ago for $17700 before taxes and crap fees. They had it on the lot for about 2 months before I made the offer of $17700. I would think that they would have wanted to make at least 1 to 2 G's profit so maybe they paid $15700ish for it. I used edmunds.com prices for my offer and trade in for my old car. They had the truck listed for $20400.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wow, yeah, I upgraded tires, have the tsb suspension upgrade. My buddy had an 05 with 90000 miles and got 23000. This was in Virginia. Guess it depends a lot on how desperate the dealer is
Old 11-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i went to 3 different dealers until i got a decent trade price on my 4runner. they are all different. i would expect a nice shape 06 would fetch about 21K private party and you might be able to get 19 out of a dealer if you beat them up enough. New ones can be had for about 28K. If you think about it, most vehicles loose half their value in 3 years, so even 18K on a trade isn't too bad- don't forget about the tax savings as well.

as a comparison a carmax by me had an 03 with 104K miles, 4x4 manual for $14,500. Another dealer had an 03 with 60K miles, automatic, for 17K. no matter what, you will get hosed on a trade if your have a nice vehicle and the dealer will make out nicely when they sell it since they are in high demand.
Old 11-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #5
Red Sox Nation
Laughing, yeah, me too. He went to the dealer last week, but came up short. Don't give up hope, I am betting that he will have the new Tundra by the end of this year. I would have thought at least 20 to $21000 for the trade in. Guess I was way off.