Jackson Hewitt 0 0%
Tax Slayer 6 7.23%
Tax Act 3 3.61%
Yourself 21 25.30%
Other Online Source 1 1.20%
Other In Person Source 9 10.84%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you get your taxes filed? Poll

Where do you file your taxes?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
dira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the roughdira1987 is a jewel in the rough

Name: David
dira1987's Tacoma Gallery
h&rblock.com i haven't come across anything i cant figure out how to file yet for myself its not a bad deal.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
ive been using turbo tax, and been pretty satisfied
Old 01-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
cheefsfn is on a distinguished road

Navy: Electricians Mate Senior Chief Petty Officer. Retired at 24 yrs.
cheefsfn's Tacoma Gallery
H&R Block for FREE. If you are active duty military, you can do yours for free. Go to the militaryonesource website. It is pretty quick and you will usually receive your refund in less than 2 weeks.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an Accountant, and a former IRS Revenue Agent. Take a guess...
Old 01-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed81shark is one of the sharper tools in the shed
81shark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post

H&R Block?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81shark View Post
Funny...

Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheefsfn View Post
H&R Block for FREE. If you are active duty military, you can do yours for free. Go to the militaryonesource website. It is pretty quick and you will usually receive your refund in less than 2 weeks.
This is what I do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
So you were the enemy eh?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
My wife and I do our own taxes.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
This is what I do...

So you were the enemy eh?
Nope. You have your mission, we had ours...
Old 01-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #13
kimo will become famous soon enough

Name: Darin
kimo's Tacoma Gallery
I might give turbo tax a try someday? im getting tired of paying a CPA, but never been audited.....yet
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I picked 'Other Personal' because my husbands company pays to do his taxes thru an accountant firm. Things got a bit more complicated over the years.

But, before that.....we used Turbo Tax every year. For basic taxes, deductions, and some simple money making schemes....it's pretty easy to use.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #15
Turbo Tax or H&R online are in my opinion, a far better way to go than to take it to a H&R/Jackson Hewitt preparer.

Even better, go the IRS website, and it will show you several companies that could do the Fed 1040 for free (depending on your income) and a low price for a state filing.

Remember, even if you pay someone to do your taxes, they are still YOUR responsibility, not theirs. Depending on who you hire to do your taxes, they may or may not charge you additional fees for representing you if audited.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo View Post
I might give turbo tax a try someday? im getting tired of paying a CPA, but never been audited.....yet
Unless you have a small business of any kind, you'd probably be better off doing it yourself.

If you are a W2 employee, then it's a no brainer, ditch the CPA!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:15 PM   #19
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Wife