Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Goofiest Christmas Presents Received

Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 AM   #1
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Goofiest Christmas Presents Received

I know we've all had our share of Christmas gifts that left us thinking, "What in the world am I going to do with this?" I thought it might be fun to share some of them. One year when I was in my 20's, my elderly aunt sent me a bright pink pocketbook with matching umbrella (obviously this was something you would by for a 10-12 year old). Of course this is also the same aunt that once sent me a porcelain figure of a woman in a long dress (think Gone With the Wind) holding a leash with 2 small dogs attached. She thought it was just adorable! Believe me, those thank you notes took some creativity!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-01-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
When I was firsr married, I got an old English teapot from an elderly aunt. I was in my early twenties. It was white with purple and gold flowers on it. Now that I'm getting older, I actually am kind of starting to like it. It sits out on display on top of the kitchen cabinets, It was hidden inside the cabinets for about 30 years. Who knows, it might be worth something someday.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Ride On
JM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJM76 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
JM76's Tacoma Gallery
how about the "metrosexual" watch my wife got me last year. A black fossil watch with a diamond at the twelve o clock position, for me, that was pretty goofy. and the pajama bottoms that looked like longjohns? gee thanks honey, they are great!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Recessed lighting. The in-laws draw for names each Christmas, then give lists. We had asked for the lighting as this BIL used to be in that business. The funny part was he got the switches & cover & put them in a frozen burrito box. My nephew (He's about 14 yrs old) commented that he LOVES that particular brand of burritoes! He was a little disappointed when he didn't see any burritoes
Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
One year when i was around 10 yrs. old my grandma thought it would be funny to put my christmas present in a Candy bowl box so when i unwrapped my present I would think that what i got but when she asked me to open it it was a Leann Rimes CD. So it went to a bad gift to a worse one.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
one christmas when i was like 10 or so i had my list of things i wanted..... between all the family i had, i never got one thing on that list and all the other things i didnt even care about. I ended up with a bunch of clothes, a little maybe 50 piece Lego set for like a 6yr old(i liked the advanced 'technic' ones) , and one of those stupid goofy little 'giga pets' instead. now that'll disappoint a 10yr old. lol
Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery

Just getting that out of the way...
Attached Thumbnails
Goofiest Christmas Presents Received-bunny-suit.jpg  
Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #9
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
when my sister was in her early teens, shes now in her mid 30's, my parents got her a ring that she really wanted, but when they wrapped it up they put it into progressively bigger boxes, all in all she had to go through like 10 boxes to get the thing out. i thought it was hilarious, her not so much!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #10
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I gave my wife a pair of scissors for Christmas one year (this was when we were dating and in college) Then I gave her some jewelry. Another year she wanted an emerald ring, so I went to Walmart and bought a $30 ring and gave that to her. She had to wear it all around during Christmas, then I gave her the real ring(still a "cheap" ring, but it was nice for our employment status.)

When I was about 13, my parents bought me a metronome to play the piano that I hated playing.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
My Grandma is a huge pack rat. Her apartment is filled with all kinds of crap from the past 70 years. Thus I a piece of that crap each and every year. Last year I got a plastic bag filled with Hotel Shampoos and a puzzle book. The puzzle book wasn't too bad as I like to do them sometimes, but a bag of mini shampoos? Where diod she get that?
Old 12-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
Revived and BACK baby!
joedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant futurejoedirt has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Automatic Rifleman, 29th Light Infantry
joedirt's Tacoma Gallery
25lbs of gummy bears. I can't even stand to look at them now. Just the thought of eating them........
Old 12-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #13
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
A hideous pig cookie jar.

I hid it waaaay in the back of the pantry when I sold my house. The soon-to-be new owner found it on the walk thru and brought it to the closing!

Its head now is an ornament in my garden and scares my mini dacshund Simon. I get weird looks from people who visit too.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:44 PM   #14
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
A hideous pig cookie jar.

I hid it waaaay in the back of the pantry when I sold my house. The soon-to-be new owner found it on the walk thru and brought it to the closing!

Its head now is an ornament in my garden and scares my mini dacshund Simon. I get weird looks from people who visit too.

xedge, I gotta see this!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #16
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Not a Christmas gift, but

A wedding present. This has to be the worst of all time. Remember the Presto butter melter for popcorn. We got a used one from someone. Ok proper etiquette, it is better to not receive than to get a used unclean gift. The thing still had butter in it. WTF!
Attached Thumbnails
Goofiest Christmas Presents Received-201461992_tp.jpg  
Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
my grandmother sent me sweaters every year of my life until she passed away.

i have never worn a sweater in my entire life.

except when she was at my parents house for Christmas morning.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #18
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post

xedge, I gotta see this!
Here's the head, not much garden here now, its winter ya know

The body is out there too.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #19
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm sure some pig collector on ebay would love to have it.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #20
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

thats awesome.