LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Convincing Wife/Girlfriend To Get FJ Cruiser

Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Take a bunch of kids to the dealer with her, cram all the kids into the FJ and show her how well it totes them around.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Take a bunch of kids to the dealer with her, cram all the kids into the FJ and show her how well it totes them around.
Win
Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
7.3L Powerstroke Care Taker
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
This will fail. The back seat in an FJ sucks balls for anything but a dog.

There is a guy on the FJ forums who had to get rid of his FJ because he destroyed his elbow loading his young kids into a child seat in the back seat.

Get a 4Runner for her, buy yourself an FJ if you like them so much.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
wes mantooth
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Good luck with that. The tiny back windows and the suicide doors. IIRC there are some guys who have gotten RID of FJs because of kids...4Runner all the way!!
X2 on the 4 runner...
Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
X2 on the 4 runner...
x3
Old 01-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Also, you're 21 and already looking for a kid carrier?
Old 01-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #11

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
Lol no, she just like's SUVs and I like going offroad. Looks like it's back to the good ol Honda CR-V with AWD. Nice, reliable, good price, and good fuel economy. Also since it will be a new car we will plan for the future since it will be a vehicle that will be around for awhile....
You were considering an FJ Cruiser or a CR-V at the same time?

4-Runner FTW.

Or you could get a Jeep Grand Cherokee. They've turned those into very nice CARS.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
New 4 runners are pricey. Bro, my dad and step mom got rid of their 07 FJ (they fell in love with the concept and bought the first one on the lot) as SOON as they found out my step mom was prego. 4runner. Or sequoia
Old 01-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #14

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
CR-V is priced well
True. It's just not an FJ. Hence my

Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #15
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
All things considered the best kid carrier is a minivan, whether anyone wants to admit it or not. I drive my wife's Honda Odyssey anytime.

But since OP does not really have kids yet, the CR-V sounds like a good option for now. The rear seats are not big enough for a rear facing baby seat though, unless you move the front seats all the way forward (just saying).
Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #16
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Save that for the 4Runner or Rav4, keep the soccer mom virus out of a hardcore 4x4! Still to this day I wanna punch the CEO of Chrysler for putting out a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, that is just sinful! Now they are mostly getting converted into mall crawlers and kid haulers, what a shame. Besides, FJs from what I hear dont handle or behave very well on the highway and I would not want for example, my future wife and kids riding around in something like that. 4Runners are more practical for everyday driving and are more convinient with the 4 doors, suicide doors can be a pain in the ass. That or get her turned on to a Double Cab...
Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Save that for the 4Runner or Rav4, keep the soccer mom virus out of a hardcore 4x4! Still to this day I wanna punch the CEO of Chrysler for putting out a 4 door Jeep Wrangler, that is just sinful! Now they are mostly getting converted into mall crawlers and kid haulers, what a shame. Besides, FJs from what I hear dont handle or behave very well on the highway and I would not want for example, my future wife and kids riding around in something like that. 4Runners are more practical for everyday driving and are more convinient with the 4 doors, suicide doors can be a pain in the ass. That or get her turned on to a Double Cab...
Agreed. I was way out of line.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #18

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Well, the FJ and the 4Runner share the exact same Land Cruiser Prado frame and suspension. So that argument is void.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:45 PM   #19
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you will win cause the FJ's have no room for family, to small the inside
Old 01-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #20
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
I don't think you will win cause the FJ's have no room for family, to small the inside

But they have 3 windshield wipers!!