1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

wedding drama

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jackhart, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    We got a keg and some cheap boxed wine and called it a day. Everyone was happy.

2. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    JaSkynyrd

JaSkynyrd Ron F. Swanson

Member:
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 XtraCab 4x4 V6 SR5
    That's crazy, open bar at a wedding shower? Yeah right. My wife's wedding shower was free to everyone, it was just at one of the bridesmaid's houses. She prepared some finger foods and that was it. I think it's crazy to charge $250 for a shower on top of having to buy a bridesmaids dress.

3. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    It was discussed among the girls and there were too many people to be able to host it at anyones house. they needed to host it at a local cafe which catered and everything. I do think the break down should be known. My wife made a spreadsheet itemizing cost of catering. Her parents didnt pay towards the shower or bachelorette party because they paid for most of the wedding.

The food and drink was a full meal with free refills on soda, some alcohol was included, no open bar.

I paid for my wifes MOH dress and the other girls bought their own dresses

Weddings suck. It has a lot to do with the brides family and what the bride expects. My wife and I just went to Vegas to avoid it all and prevent "forcing" people to shell out money. I dont want to put people out but some just feel entitled to it

4. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    jackhart

jackhart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    it's killing my wife because it's her brother. she feels like she can't say anything to him either - and i agree - but right now, my wife and her sister are being portrayed as the rotten apples of the group because they politely asked for a breakdown of the amount being spent, and asked if some type of other accomodations could be made. yeah, at least $1 G and you know we can't be cheap on the wedding gift either.

5. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    757southpaw

757southpaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle:
    07' DC LB TRD Sport 4x4
    BAK BakFlip Tonneau cover, 30% front tinted windows, AVS vent shades, Black Billet Grill,Pop& Lock, secondary air filter removed, Goodyear Duratrac's, Billies @ 2.5" on front, Billies on back w/ 1.5" AAL, Toytec Diff drop, NOKYA Hyper Yellow fog light bulbs, LaminX Weathertechs, Rear diff breather mod, BHLM
    Invite?? Mods and marriage ftw

:thumbsup:

6. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    I feel for you man!

I live in Socal now and sent my Wife to the wedding in Albany...

I didnt go to cut down on our costs because it already cost me over $1400 for my wife's sisters wedding. They were mad at me but i put on facebook that I was broke paying for the shower, dress, bachelorette party, and round trip Flight for my wife and they can F off because they were unreasonable for the shit they wanted... fuckin' inlaws

7. Jan 23, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    That sucks man, luckily if that day comes for the woman and I we've already pretty much decided it won't be a huge affair and definitely not that pricey per person. I'd tell her to pack sand. If you really want drama, have your wife send and e mail to everyone BUT the bridesmaid and have her set up a much more cost friendly affair.

It's family but....damn. Maybe just skip that shiz and get them a really nice wedding present.

8. Jan 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Let me get this straight, they want you to help pay for a party you got invited to AND you're expected to bring a gift?

NO!

BIG NEGATIVE on asking for $$$ for the shower. The money would be better spent helping the new couple get get started. Some people may have heard of it but not amyone I know...

Have the party at one of you homes, tell each person to bring some food and or drink and save the cash or spend it on thr newlyweds.

That's some rude ass shit.

9. Jan 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Marriage is a big industry, and they're gonna take 'em for every penny. After all, you don't want to lose out to some bitch you knew from high school with your Facebook wedding photos, do you?

I swear to God modern capitalism is based almost entirely on preying on female emotional responses. No offense ladies.

10. Jan 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    If anyone needs proof of this just walk into a shopping mall (if you can stand it....which I can't) and note the amount of floor space devoted to women vs. men.

Products Discussed in

To Top