Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

I have a situation...help

Old 01-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a situation...help

My laptop has been behaving horribly lately so I decided to give it a proper wiping. I found my restore disk, backed up my important data and wiped her clean. Well I come to find out the restore disk is for a different computer and I can't find windows xp restore disc for my laptop...it was probably partitioned on the hard drive.

Crap. Does anyone know if I can buy another windows xp os for cheap? Where?

To make this even worse...The konami code doesn't work on iPads. which is my only source of Internet now.

Thank you that is all.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of laptop? Is it a notebook?
Old 01-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
It's a think pad.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #4
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Does it have a windows sticker on the bottom of it with an activation number?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
There's a Microsoft proof of license (certificate of authenticity) sticker but it is badly worn. I can make out a few numbers on it but I don't know if they are activation numbers.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
They are. If you dl a copy of windows xp it will ask for product key and that is it. Problem is you don't have a way to tansfer it over. If you had a buddy that could burn it for you. It's kinda hard with out the disk.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Thanks blackshirts for the replies. I will find someone to download it for me.