Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Man-imony.. Warning - Rant included.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Man-imony.. Warning - Rant included.

This Tuesday on NBC's "Anderson", meaning Anderson Cooper the topic is:
Man-imony: Should Women Have to Pay Their Ex-Husbands Alimony?
Women are court-ordered to pay their ex-husbands alimony; how women can protect their money.

Rant on:
This is fricken news worthy??? What about "Why should men have to pay their wives alimony?" I am all for child support. But to ask the question that begs for equality for women to "pay" their fair share when the womens movement has been demanding "equality"!! Well carefull what you wish for sister.

Hell, Kobe Bryant's now ex-wife stands to get almost $100 million, YES MILLION, in property and cash for her divorce. For doing what? Just winning life's lottery because you snagged the right guy at the right time. Must have been exhausting work to get that kind of money. You would NEVER see that kind of pay out for a man married to a rich wife.

Remember that behind every double standard there is a unspoken single standard. I'm not sure what that single standard is, but it should not be that women can't earn a living. It is a fact that in the last census, 97% of alimony-payers were men and that women paying alimony is on the rise. But for god sakes alimony is not a lifetime pension!!

Rant off:

Gentlemen have a nice day and remeber "Death before divorce" because it seems that for no other reason it is cheaper and carries a shorter sentence to kill your ex-wife that to divorce her!

Rant off... no really this time.

(And I am happily married with no alimony or child support)
Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery

2 words - prenuptual agreement... These days you're stupid not to have one.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
kev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkev2lz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Don't call me Bubba!
kev2lz's Tacoma Gallery
Come to TX..we don't do that alimony crap!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
Kinda diminishes the whole religious aspect of the marraige concept doncha think?

"Joined for eternity bla, bla, bla..... but just in case eternity doesn't last forever lets sign this contract......"
You don't have to be a christian to get married. Most people get married for the benefits (health/life insurance) Or if you're like some of my dumbass friends... you get paid more while serving..
Old 01-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kinda diminishes the whole religious aspect of the marraige concept doncha think?

"Joined for eternity bla, bla, bla..... but just in case eternity doesn't last forever lets sign this contract......"
Not at all. If you honestly believe you'll be together forever, signing a prenup should be the easiest thing you'll ever do because you'll never need it. Unfortunately, in the world we live in today, every one has a lawyer and it's very easy to sue, especially over the course of a divorce (throw scorn in the mix and you've got a spouse that would happily take you for all you're worth). I'd much rather be on the safe side and protect what I've worked my whole life for. I've got no problem paying for children in the unfortunate event that a marriage doesn't work out, but I think alimony is one of the worst ideas ever.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Not at all. If you honestly believe you'll be together forever, signing a prenup should be the easiest thing you'll ever do because you'll never need it. Unfortunately, in the world we live in today, every one has a lawyer and it's very easy to sue, especially over the course of a divorce (throw scorn in the mix and you've got a spouse that would happily take you for all you're worth). I'd much rather be on the safe side and protect what I've worked my whole life for. I've got no problem paying for children in the unfortunate event that a marriage doesn't work out, but I think alimony is one of the worst ideas ever.
X2
Old 01-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 01-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Doesn't a prenup cost extra money?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
First, "Anderson" is not a news program, it's a talk show like Donahue or Rikki Lake -- so it doesn't matter if it is "news worthy" or not.

A prenup costs about the same amount as having a lawyer draw up any other contract. And, like most insurance, you won't like to pay it but if you ever wreck your marriage like your car you'll be glad you had it.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #11

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doesn't a prenup cost extra money?
Very little, you have to pay a lawyer to draw up the terms. I'd rather spend $500 - $1,000 on a lawyer once vs paying $500 - $1,000/month for life.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I think Chris Rock said it best :

When it's time to get a divorce, women got it made. You go to court, start talkin' that shit. "I'm used to this, I'm used to that. I'm accustomed to this." What the fuck is accustomed? Whats that got to do with shit? You go to a restaurant, you accustomed to eatin'. You leave, you ain't eatin' no more. They don't owe you a steak. What about what the man's used to? It might not be money, but during the course of a relationship, a man grows accustomed to a few things. I would love to see a man go to court and say, "Your honor, check this out. I'm accustomed to fuckin' her four times a week. Now I feel I should be able to fuck her at least twice a week. I mean she can have the alimony, but I want some pussy payments
Old 01-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #13

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I think Chris Rock said it best :

When it's time to get a divorce, women got it made. You go to court, start talkin' that shit. "I'm used to this, I'm used to that. I'm accustomed to this." What the fuck is accustomed? Whats that got to do with shit? You go to a restaurant, you accustomed to eatin'. You leave, you ain't eatin' no more. They don't owe you a steak. What about what the man's used to? It might not be money, but during the course of a relationship, a man grows accustomed to a few things. I would love to see a man go to court and say, "Your honor, check this out. I'm accustomed to fuckin' her four times a week. Now I feel I should be able to fuck her at least twice a week. I mean she can have the alimony, but I want some pussy payments
Old 01-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
God bless the Rev. Chris Rock.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #16
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't do a prenup. I don't need one. Me and my wife will never split

We got married cause we wanted to be together forever, nothing else, not cause she was pregnant or nothin like most kids do these days...

I'm ready for responses.......

I think that is the plan in most cases lol. Most people do not get married because they plan to break up. The problem is most people get married at a point in their life where they "thought" they knew what they wanted, but things change
Old 01-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #17
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I love the idea of a man getting alimony. Hopefully once the other half starts paying they will realize what a load of shit it is. I'll bet when enough women start paying it the laws will change quickly.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #18

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didn't do a prenup. I don't need one. Me and my wife will never split

We got married cause we wanted to be together forever, nothing else, not cause she was pregnant or nothin like most kids do these days...

I'm ready for responses.......

I'm getting married for the same reasons. We're happy together, she's not knocked up, etc. I'll still get a pre-nup. For your sake, I hope everything does work out. I do honestly believe that people can be together forever, however I also believe it's prudent to protect yourself in case something goes unfortunately wrong.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Alimony is a bullshit concept.

Manimony is equally bullshit.

Freeloaders disgust me. Marriage doesn't entitle you to money once the marriage ends.