LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Load Rite Utility Trailer

Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Load Rite Utility Trailer

Anyone got one? How do you like it? I'm looking at a 4x8 trailer for sale local to me (the bed is a little bigger than 4x8 so it'll actually fit full sized lumber). It's galvanized so it won't rust. Payload 1,800 lbs. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
4x8 is good size to start with I got a 4x6 and it sucks to dam small.. Was looking today but dam they have gone up from 07 prices.. Jim
Old 01-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
4x8 is good size to start with I got a 4x6 and it sucks to dam small.. Was looking today but dam they have gone up from 07 prices.. Jim
I hear ya! I just lost the bid on Ebay for the Load Rite. It went over $400 for an older, used trailer that only goes for $1,000 new so I stopped bidding. I mainly want it for lumber since I have a shell. I figure 4x8 and 2k lb capacity would be managable to tow and small enough to store in a back corner of the yard. You're right though, prices are pretty high for a good, quality trailer.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #4

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up getting a 5x10 load rite trailer. It's galvanized steel so it should hold up well in the northeast. It seems pretty stout and tracks well. The one I bought ended up having a wiring issue so it blew out my rear lights and console lights (ended up towing the trailer home a night with no trailer lights ). Overall, seems like a good little trailer. I'll put it through it's paces this summer and see how it handles being loaded down.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
5x10 sounds like a just right size trailer, I got a JV 6x10 and it's good and all, but sometimes I wish I had something just a little smaller like a 4x8( just as long. A sheet of plywood can lay inside with a little room) or a 5x10.