Notices

Let Wife Pick Her Own Car?

View Poll Results: Do I Let My Wife Pick Her Own Car?..... Lol
Yes 105 66.04%
No 54 33.96%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
let her get what she wants or be prepared to hear about it forever
Bingo!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
X2 lol
Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Try to show her consumer reports information on reliability so she knows that it is not just your personal opinion. To keep the peace you probably will let to have her make the final decision, but it helps if it is an informed decision.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x3. If mama ain't happy, no one's gonna be.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Let her pick what she wants. If it turns out to be a bad decision you can always say "I told you to get a Taco" or "I told you so" or "I told you to make me a sandwich, not pick out a car"
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
happy wife happy life
Old 01-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #9
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Try guiding her by pointing out the features you want....but NEVER insist she buy the one you want. My ex-wife got a new car every 3yrs....never did she not like my ideas over hers and loved every car and SUV she ever had
That was 4 new cars worth of marriage LOL

97 Cavalier Z27 (our first new car)
2000 Chevy Silverado (she wanted more room)
2003 Chevy Trailblazer (she wanted an SUV)
2007 Dodge Nitro (she wanted another SUV)
Old 01-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #11
Drouse is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
Drouse's Tacoma Gallery
If it helps any my brother owns a Terrain along with another friend of mine and no issues so far. My brother loves his. I'd personally go for Honda too.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
yes let her, nowadays i look at re-sale values< goes hand in hand with safety also. If i were in your shoes thats what i would tell her to look at when choosing a vehicle. Put your foot down only if she tries to buy a "mini" vehicle (death traps)
Old 01-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
Try guiding her by pointing out the features you want....but NEVER insist she buy the one you want. My ex-wife got a new car every 3yrs....never did she not like my ideas over hers and loved every car and SUV she ever had
That was 4 new cars worth of marriage LOL

97 Cavalier Z27 (our first new car)
2000 Chevy Silverado (she wanted more room)
2003 Chevy Trailblazer (she wanted an SUV)
2007 Dodge Nitro (she wanted another SUV)
She chose the CR-V first and LOVED it then I suggested we go look at a Chevy Equinox. They didn't have it in stock so they showed her the GMC which was nearly identical inside. It's bigger which she likes too. We were planning on her getting the car fully loaded with the best it has to offer too.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Sell her on the Honda. But ultimately let her decide. Or else........
Old 01-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
She can pick which groceries you buy but not a car
Old 01-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #17
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
there is nothing worse than feeling like you "settled" on a car. if you make your wife get the crv, every time she pulls up to a stoplight next to a terrain, she is going to feel that tinge of remorse, and then think of you. it's totally not worth it.

let her get the terrain. it's a good vehicle. it may not be a honda, but it's still going to be a great ride.

if you are really that worried about it, lease the terrain and see how it does in the first three years of ownership. you can always buy it out at the end, or get a honda after the lease ends if it turns out not to be all that.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
You better let her get what she wants!
I'd bet she didn't tell you what to get.

As stated "Happy wife Happy life"
Old 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #19
neilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud of
neilvan's Tacoma Gallery
"Let her"?!

Seeing as how my wife makes 100% of the (good) income in our home she can pick out whatever car she likes! We/she bought our Tacoma OR a few months ago so if she gets the Audi S5 she wants, so be it!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #20
nomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad_archer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Trevor
nomad_archer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
happy wife happy life
Couldnt have been said any better. I've tried the other route it doesnt work period.