1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Neighbors, Door dings, and Rage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Khaos, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Jan 26, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    I recently moved into a new apartment. I have been noticing door dings and scratches on my vehicle as well as my girlfriends Integra. The Integra is almost never driven because I have both a Tacoma and a brain. Well the Integra has all sorts of new dents and scratches, it hasn't been driven for two weeks. My neighbor, who I suspect is angry that I keep parking in the best spot infront of our building, drives a newer vehicle with quite a bit of damage to it, and earlier today I noticed red paint on its driver side mirror (the Integra is red). I'm getting angry, but without having witnessed it first hand I don't want to make accusations. So what shall I do?

I have a diagram depicting the situation.

Spot #5 is the parking spot that seems to cause all the issues. The Integra is stationary in spot #3, my truck and the neighbor (symbolized by the British flag) go back in forth over spot #5. We are the first bulding in the complex, next to spot 5 is a sidewalk and a grassy area.

The smiley face is my other neighbor who parks in spot #1 and her boyfriend in #2, they are both cool.

What shall I do? Aside from watching my cars 24/7 or setting up a security cam (which I'll be doing when I figure out where my webcam is), I'm drawing a blank. I'm not a dick and don't want to vandalize her vehicle, and I park in such a manner that she has to swing her door all the way open to make contact with ours.

TL:DR, I suspect my neighbor of constantly door dinging my vehicles but have no proof yet and want advice.

parking.jpg

2. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    RV7Garage

RV7Garage R.O.U.S.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Ill Annoy
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad, Nautical Blue
    Disable DRL, Jailbreak Fog Lights, ARE topper
    Apartment life SUCKS.

Set up the cam, make sure you catch her doing it more than once, and take her to small claims court. Let HER insurance pay the Bill!

3. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    or stop parking there. problem solved. I had the same issue when I moved into my place, then I put sliders on the trick and let them take the abuse.

4. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    That is quite a wonderful diagram. My compliments to the artist. You could try going to the owner or manager of the apartments and see if he/she has any video cameras set up on the parking lot and ask to take a look at it. the webcam out the window seems like a pretty good idea too. like you said wait until you have concrete evidence before moving forward. then you could either take it directly to the person that is causing the damage and give them the offer of them paying for repairs out of pocket or go to their insurance company with the video/pictures. I would try not to be a huge dick about it at the start in order to keep this from escalating into something major in which someone could get hurt or some serious damage is done

5. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    x2 on the sliders. my sliders have a few different small patches of paint from people opening doors on them

6. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:05 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    Get a car cover or something? seeing how it sits..

7. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    cc350

cc350 Retired Member

Member:
    I had a friend that was going through the same deal. He bought some wide body side molding and some magnetic tape and would attach them to the doors where he was getting dinged. When they went out he just removed them. Over the few years he was in a apartment he never got a ding again. I know it sucks, but so do people.

8. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Sliders are coming whenever the money is there, it'll probably be awhile. My city is full of college students who shouldn't be allowed to drive. I hate not having my car in eyeview of me, but my kitchen has a window that gives me perfect view of the entire parking lot.

I have no concrete proof its these people, but since the day we moved in they have glared at us everytime we come/go, and her vehicle has dings and scratches all over it that appear to be from careless driving (the front bumpers got scrapes from bumping into cars while parking). She's hit my truck with her door with me in it before, but sprinted off to the mailbox before I could say anything and I was late for an interview. No damage that time luckily. I dont care about dents and scratches on my truck so long as I'm the one who put them there, someone elses carelessness enrages me. Also, the neighbors are Black, I selected a british flag to represent them because they have a few hanging from their rear view mirror (???).

Edit:

Yeah apartment life sucks! The last apartment I lived in had assigned parking with nobody next to me in the back of the complex, so this is my first time dealing with this. I've got nowhere to store my fishing gear/bikes/truck parts as it is right now, so I've got OME 885s in my closet and bikes/fishing gear in my living room... ugh.

9. Jan 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    RV7Garage

RV7Garage R.O.U.S.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Ill Annoy
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad, Nautical Blue
    Disable DRL, Jailbreak Fog Lights, ARE topper
    I'll help you make room... send me the 885's! Haw

10. Jan 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    Khaos

Khaos [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Now I'm getting really pissed. They smoke black and milds like cigarettes, the other day I went to leave and there was a pile of black and mild wrappers right next to her drive door, today I look out my window and there's a pile of fucking of black and milds on the ground right next to her driver door. I'm not paying $750 a month to stare at your fucking garbage.

/rageface

11. Jan 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM
    Project.paradigm

Project.paradigm Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oil Country,Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD 4X4 Dub cab
    Airlift rear air bags. Hood struts. sockmonkey bedside decal. TRD supercharger(not installed). Deckplate. Grey wire mod. Extended rear diff breather. 6000k HIDS. 18"Magnaflow. Truxxx 3" level kit. (Temporary) Wet Okole seat covers. BoxRocket bed rack. Bora 0.75 wheel spacers All pro sliders. BAMF BPV. B&M trans cooler.
    Set up a camera (or 2) ASAP. Make them visible to, so they know they're being watched.

12. Jan 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I hate to say it, but its typical. Move your truck, sweep up the black and milds and put them in her mailbox. Report the bullshit to the manager..bet there not paying on time either

13. Feb 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    lil J

lil J Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacen
    Louisville
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4wd V6 Horizon Blue
    Old Man Emu Suspension
    I like how the OP Bryant Luke called me an idiot and and a racist in the past, yet here he is sounding like an idiot and a racist. Oh the irony. It must me the black neighbors, couldn't be the white neighbors because they're cool,WTF. Also a little FYI there are black folks in the UK. You said you're not a dick but you sure do sound like one in some of your post. Glad your doors got dinged now you just need somebody to ding you upside you cracker ass head.

Products Discussed in

To Top