Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Canadian Handyman Challenge

Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Canadian Handyman Challenge

If anyone has watched this show it is apparent that the contestants don't prepare themselves for what lies ahead.
I have seen two episodes from this season so maybe it gets better but im not sure.
From what I have seen last season and this season here is what I donít understand:
A common challenge is taking junk furniture and turning it into something, anything! You should brainstorm ahead of time expecting this challenge. You know there will be doors, dressers, headboards, chairs etc have something ready to go in your head.
Prepare for the most common challenges. They have always had a shingling challenge. Toilet installation, crown moulding, basic electrical connections. Its seems like half of the contestants didnít even bother to read up on any of these things. Strange.
I'm not saying its easy because even just watching it looks stressful with the time limits and all. Good show none the less with some guys who know what they are doing.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds interesting, never saw it before bet if oz entered he'd win
Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
These people are all fly by nighters. Ive watched it a couple of times. The work was overall shotty. All the best furniture makers and carpenters are actually working.

I saw one where that had so many items and they had to layout a kitchen, everyone did it wrong. nobody put the dishwasher next to the sink, the cabinets were the wrong height, list jsut keeps going. A lot of these people i dont think have ever built a kitchen before, or it was low quality.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
OZ cant participate because he is a contractor. Right?