1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird, cool stuff you found in the woods.

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by Zombie Runner, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Mar 16, 2014 at 10:22 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    Haha. My grandpa filled in a lot of riverbanks around MT. He used limestone though. Buried plenty of junk in his limestone quarry though.

2. Mar 16, 2014 at 10:40 PM
    BudMan

BudMan knee scooters R us

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Alameda, CA, (Bay Area)
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    stuff
    My very first backpacking trip (ever) into Emigrant Wilderness, and somehow forgot my sunglasses. I was blinded and bummed. About two miles into a secondary trail, right when my eyes were burning from glare, there was a pair of Spy sunglasses sitting lonely and dirty beside a rock. I can't tell you how stoked I was! That was a sign of a great trip to come!! Have some incredible stories from that same trip, but I'll save em for another thread or post.

3. Mar 17, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    My friends and i used to make bmx bike trails and jumps in the woods near us.
    When my one friend moved about 2 miles away we found a new patch of woods to ride in.
    We found a huge pile (about 7 feet around by 3 feet high) of 1950's era coke and pepsi bottles and cans. Some were still closed, most were still in good condition.
    After watching too many episodes of pawn stars i wish i would have kept some.
    I drove past the place the other day and it is now a new housing development.

4. Mar 17, 2014 at 6:42 AM
    flatblack

flatblack Well-Known Member

Member:
    CDA
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 3.4 Manual
    Check out my sig pic:
    that stump that is on fire...
    i found a 1/4" deep swastika cut into the face of it... i'm guessing it was some portable circ. saw work
    so yeah... i set it a'blaze

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    604 and Slashaar like this.
  5. Mar 17, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
  6. Apr 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Took this today. I went to my local park with my kids before dinner and they got bored with the playground after about 20min. so we went for a little walk...

This is the Mill Creek tunnel under the abandoned Reading Railroad Newtown/Fox Chase line built in 1892.

The line has been decaying since a bad accident in 1983 when a gas tanker truck was struck by a passenger train. Service was suspended shortly after the accident.

[​IMG]

7. Apr 21, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB V6 4WD
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    This is a salt tram built in 1911 to haul salt up from Saline Valley over to Owens lake, load it on a ferry and get it to the train. The amount of time, manpower and money it took to build this was amazing ,considering it was over a hundred years ago...they never made their money back. This is the arched station on top of the highest peak

[​IMG]

looking down towards the Owens Valley (the lake is long gone)

[​IMG]

and this is looking down towards Saline Valley

[​IMG]

And this is the remaining towers at Saline lake:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    604 and Slashaar like this.
  8. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:16 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I love this stuff. :cool:

9. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    LukeBo4x4

LukeBo4x4 The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Big Island,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD ext cab
    OME 882s, wheelers 5 leaf pack w/aal, ARB front bumper, 305/70/16 nitto mud grapplers,pro comp 7069s, Grey wire mod.
    I was bear hunting last year and was going to the dogs treed and found a wallet in the middle of the mountains in a thicket opened it up and the dudes drivers license was in there and everything and the funny thing was I knew the dude. He lost it in 1991 and I found the dern thing

604 likes this.
  10. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    But did you give it back to him?:p

11. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM
    LukeBo4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Big Island,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD ext cab
    OME 882s, wheelers 5 leaf pack w/aal, ARB front bumper, 305/70/16 nitto mud grapplers,pro comp 7069s, Grey wire mod.
    Yea I gave it back to him he goes to my church haha

12. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:39 PM
    HomerTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    :thumbsup:

13. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    That looks cool. I found a cave while biking on the ncr trail, it looks like it might be on private property, im gonna try to get back to it and take pictures before the trees and weeds grow back

14. Apr 21, 2014 at 7:43 PM
    LukeBo4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    luke
    Big Island,Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD ext cab
    He couldn't believe it, it had 5 dollars in it too that was so faded you couldn't barley tell what it was

15. Apr 22, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    RogueLeader

RogueLeader Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
    A couple of pics from the Lucy Gray Mine just outside of Nipton, NV.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Apr 22, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Nice updates :cheers:

17. Apr 22, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    greeneggsnspam

greeneggsnspam ಠ_ಠ

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    .gif
    Too poor to list anything interesting.
    While camping in Big Bend off Old Ore Road, we came across this building.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We decided not to chance it.

If you're feeling brave, it was at Roy's Peak.

18. Apr 22, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  19. Apr 22, 2014 at 11:06 AM
    oldblue1968chevy

oldblue1968chevy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spokane WA/Viola TN
    Vehicle:
    2000 Toyota Tacoma V6 TRD
    Stock
    uploadfromtaptalk1398189963883.jpg

Few acres of tins and.old China and glass in central wa. Maybe left.from the building of the Grand coolee dam?

Slashaar likes this.
  20. Apr 22, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    20140419_104416_RichtoneHDR_zps6ebfccdd_e8bd2c5388bf74e66287df3a7a3ea8f5f0e1a71a.jpg

This truck mysteriously showed up a few years ago along a singletrack bike trail. I'm not sure how they got it flipped upside down. there is an access path to get it there from under the powerlines.

Slashaar likes this.
To Top