Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Weird, cool stuff you found in the woods.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Weird, cool stuff you found in the woods.

What kind of neat, cool, weird stuff have you found while out in the woods, desert, BFE?

When I was stationed in South Korea me and some friends found an old rock quary type of mountain that we set a top rope on for rock climbing. While we were out there exploring we found an old tube of "dynamite" that was un exploded with wires sticking out of it! We didnt go around that part anymore.

In Idaho Ive found MANY antelope and muel deer carcases that were probably poached. I also found an old engine block in the bottom of a dried up lake bed.

Lots of old farm equipment in texas.

Ill try and find pics later
Old 01-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
well i didnt find this but my buddy was diving in about 120 ft of water on a wreck off of NC and while he was just swimming around a 54" A.B Biller speargun just floated infront of him so he took it back up and none of the other boats had lost any guns so he got a $400 nice ass speargun fo free!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Civil war bullets and cannonball fragments.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpneely View Post
well i didnt find this but my buddy was diving in about 120 ft of water on a wreck off of NC and while he was just swimming around a 54" A.B Biller speargun just floated infront of him so he took it back up and none of the other boats had lost any guns so he got a $400 nice ass speargun fo free!
bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
Civil war bullets and cannonball fragments.
sweet!

This cave was in Idaho, just outside of Mt. home.
it usually had trash in it but one day I found an old car had been pushed into it. We all shot at it a few times. A week later the car had dissapered!
This cave was about 15 feet deep and you had to climb to get in and out of it. Sorry, no pic of the car in the cave
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
i was scuba diving in catalina at diamond point and two borthers found a human femur... turned it in to the sherriff
Old 01-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
Found a .45 in a holster with two full mags while backpacking in the mountains of Wyoming. Sat down on a fallen tree and it was in the dirt at my feet, I think someone must have done the same thing and the holster came unclipped when they stood up.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
when i was around 8 years old, i found a stack of playboys in the hollow of a tree down by a creek we used to play around. most of them were still intact.

i didn't come out of my room for a week.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Found a pretty badass dog that someone abandoned. Ended up giving him to the fire department. Found a rocking chair that is now sitting on my front porch. Found an old moonshine still that looked about 100 years old. a few old huntin stools that I still use. A rock overhang about the size of a dorm room that I set up a fire pit and sleeping pits in and go camping from time to time.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
where was this?

Looks like either part of a movie set for a war or someone built a sweet firing range!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brow View Post
Found a .45 in a holster with two full mags while backpacking in the mountains of Wyoming. Sat down on a fallen tree and it was in the dirt at my feet, I think someone must have done the same thing and the holster came unclipped when they stood up.
sucks for them but nice find!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Found an old bunker/shelter in the woods behind my buddies house near Newnan Ga. Funny thing was we found a lot of "jugs" very much like what you would put moonshine in....hmmm. We came to the conclusion somebody was making shine many many years ago in that location. I'll try to find the pics I snapped. They are on this computer somewhere.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #12

Also I have seen many chimenys. just the chimeny...Im guessing the house burned bown or rotted a long time ago and all thats left are the rocks standing tall.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #13
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Found a 350 block while on a fire in the NM AZ border this summer, 4 miles from a fire road on a mountain.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Found some petroglyphs
Cool! Ive been to many Indian sites and seen them but they are always well known and tourist areas but I have never seen any out in the woods on my own. I have found a few arrowheads though.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #16
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
where was this?

Looks like either part of a movie set for a war or someone built a sweet firing range!

sucks for them but nice find!
That's up behind Santa Barbara county, Cal. over the hills somewhere I believe. Can't really remember what the story was behind this tho. But like you said, definitely would be a sweet range, if we could us it as such!!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
tundra2tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
tundra2tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I find a lot of balloons. Some of the regular rubber balloons, but a crap-ton of the shiny mylar ones. Everywhere, from the Allegheny National Forest in PA to northwest Ontario in the middle of the wilderness. I probably find 15 a year during various hunting, fishing, hiking excursions.

I was paddling around a bend on a lake in SW Ontario on my wife's birthday (she was not on the trip) and found a still-inflated mylar Happy Birthday balloon with the ribbon tangled in a spruce tree along the shore - that was an interesting find. I brought it home for her for a belated b-day present - minus the air.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
while at a job site visit at a abandon BIA school, we had to look at some old 100,000 gallon fuel tank, 30 yrs. of growth of trees and scrub had taken over the path to them, once we got in the "tank" farm area we came upon a blow up doll and hundreds of smut magazines in a storage shelter not far from the tanks. Only thoughts i had was some poor kid (s) just pounding away into this doll.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #19
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, pretty amazing finds so far.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
That's up behind Santa Barbara county, Cal. over the hills somewhere I believe. Can't really remember what the story was behind this tho. But like you said, definitely would be a sweet range, if we could us it as such!!
or a cool paintball scenario game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
while at a job site visit at a abandon BIA school, we had to look at some old 100,000 gallon fuel tank, 30 yrs. of growth of trees and scrub had taken over the path to them, once we got in the "tank" farm area we came upon a blow up doll and hundreds of smut magazines in a storage shelter not far from the tanks. Only thoughts i had was some poor kid (s) just pounding away into this doll.