LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone Know Septic Systems?

Old 01-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Know Septic Systems?

I just bought a house mid summer and I have been doing standard maintenance. I recently decided to get the septic pumped and I called up the old homeowners to find out where the tank is located and they gave me an approximate location. They also said the whole time they lived here they never got the tank pumped but they put septic treatment stuff in their drains. When I was digging up the yard I hit a power wire (pictured below) I continued my dig and later realized the wires had been cut and tapped off. I am actually not sure if this is an aerator or not. I just need someone to chime in. I dont think the old homeowners knew cause they had the septic tank breaker switched to on (which could increase their electric bill, right?) The first tank in line from the house also has solids nearly all the way up to the lid in it with the outside edge being clear (i'm assuming this allowed fluids to flow). The only thing I noticed this summer was a light septic smell outside the house on occasion (gone now). I am not sure if it was my system or a neighbors cause my yard looks perfectly fine with no issues. I also do not know if the second tank has a lid or not. I stopped digging for the night. Someone please chime in and help! Thanks!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
Probably a good move on getting it pumped. Septic systems work terrifically when maintained properly.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
Your house must be fairly new , you shouldn't go more than 5years between pumping. 2nd most states require septic pumping before you go to settlement on your house. Good luck
Old 01-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
turd runs downhill
Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
saaavage is on a distinguished road
saaavage's Tacoma Gallery
1- when you say cut and tapped off you mean with wire nuts? And this was ina addition to you finding the cut wire on your own?

2- If the breaker is set to on, and the ends of the wires have a nut on them that seems odd...in order to tie the nuts on there or otherwise discontinue power to the source the breaker would need to be off to do safely- then why did they turn breaker back on?

3- I am not a plumber but know enough- depending on how much it is I would STRONGLY suggest that you get that thing pumped...there are few things more repulsive than showing up to a sump that has been left too long or doesnt work etc...
Old 01-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
saaavage is on a distinguished road
saaavage's Tacoma Gallery
did you state require you to call ms utility before any shovels go in the ground? or only when using a mini ex or something larger?
Old 01-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #10
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know if it is a gravity field ?

Your second tank could be a pump chamber and the power line ( although it doesn't look like NMWU cable ) is to provide power to the pump .
Old 01-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #15
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
You must live in a valley.
actually i live on a hill
Old 01-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #16
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
I am mostly of no use here but idk what the codes are in your area but our septic tanks (we have 3 of them) have to have the lids above the ground more than 6". We had to re-run the power line out to ours a few years ago because the old one shorted out somewhere (cheap ass construction company didn't put conduit underground when they ran the wire) and the zoning guy that came out to mark off where the wires were said we had to raise one of our lids.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
I am mostly of no use here but idk what the codes are in your area but our septic tanks (we have 3 of them) have to have the lids above the ground more than 6". We had to re-run the power line out to ours a few years ago because the old one shorted out somewhere (cheap ass construction company didn't put conduit underground when they ran the wire) and the zoning guy that came out to mark off where the wires were said we had to raise one of our lids.
on my tank the lid is the TOP of the septic tank, lol
Old 01-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
closest thing I can find that explains what system I have is this Septic Solutions - Installation

"low-pressure dose system"

except I already have a slight incline so this system isn't necessarily needed
So you have two seperate tanks yes ? Your link shows a 2 chambered single tank
Old 01-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractured View Post
Make sure you check if those wires are hot. What is the awg size?
The picture looks like 14/2 no ?