Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

GPS Tracking of Vehicle Help

Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
GPS Tracking of Vehicle Help

Hey Guys,

I have an employee that does some work for me part time and I want to be able to track the amount of hours they are working. They drive from one house to the next cleaning pools. Anybody know of a cheap solution where I can monitor the whereabouts and how long they are working for? TIA!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
try this..http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/gp...e-logging.html
Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
These guys make a really cool thing.

http://www.titaninnovations.ca/

You just pop it on to your OBD port, and it tracks location with GPS, RPM, gives service alerts when it is time to change oil, whatever you want pretty much.

There is also an iPhone app, and products that all you to do remote control function using iPhone apps, etc.

Easy to use too.

(I have no affil they just use this at my work)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Awesome thanks for the ideas I'll look into them.

Anethema do you kno how much they cost per month or whatever?

I'm tryin to be as cost efficient as possible since he's only part time and works 2 days.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not sure man sorry. I don't pay, company does. The install is nothing though. Pop in on the OBD, done.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #7

Ok cool I'll check them out. That's super easy install! Do all vehicles have the OBD port? He has an older ford ranger.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
If it's their personal vehicle...then technically that's illegal and the police would need a warrant.

If it's a fleet vehicle then go for it.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #9
Erich
Surferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Erich
Surferdude's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Awesome thanks for the ideas I'll look into them.

Anethema do you kno how much they cost per month or whatever?

I'm tryin to be as cost efficient as possible since he's only part time and works 2 days.
Sent you a PM, I have one for sale, you just need to subscribe to their monthly service.

http://www.linxup.com/
Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #10

It is not illegal if the employee knows about it and agrees to it, don't post misinformation.

Every vehicle later than I think mid 90's has an OBD port.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferdude View Post
Sent you a PM, I have one for sale, you just need to subscribe to their monthly service.

http://www.linxup.com/

That thing looks just like the titan one, easy install!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #12

Ok cool as long as he knows and consents to it I should be fine.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
It is not illegal if the employee knows about it and agrees to it, don't post misinformation.

Every vehicle later than I think mid 90's has an OBD port.
I'm not posting misinformation

This is what I was referring to

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...80M1E120120124

I work for a large cell phone company investigating theft and fraud.
We've caught quite a few "bad guys" using GPS tracking. This recent supreme court case slows things down a little for us.

As for the consent part, yes you are correct. If you have his consent then you're fine.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #14
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
95.5-96 started OBD2
Old 02-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #15

Ya that involves the police tracking people without warrants. Slim want so keep track of his own employees time with his permission. Bit diff situation.