Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Kinda defeats the purpose haha

Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda defeats the purpose haha

So I was just driving home earlier when a Hummer pulls up next to me and I noticed that it had rock sliders on it and just under them there were chrome tube steps... I managed to snap a photo... don't you think it kinda defeats the purpose of having the rock sliders haha silly hummer, rock sliders are for real off roaders

Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Focaljet.com <-- My CURRENT home
iDrew will become famous soon enough

Name: Andrew
iDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to iDrew
NERD! Yeah... He's doing it wrong...

Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
bhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nicebhh2000 is just really nice
Name: Ben
bhh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Hahaha! It does!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

I just thought it was hilarious! especially cause the hummer is the worst choice for an off road vehicle unless you look into the military ones like the H1 haha but still!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
It's just like those guys who have floor mats in their trucks and then put another floor may to protect the first floor mat from getting dirty
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #7
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
They come factory like that i think..i seen it before around here
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
It's just like those guys who have floor mats in their trucks and then put another floor may to protect the first floor mat from getting dirty
haha exactly! Some people!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If we give the driver the benefit of the doubt, the step rails could be removed when off roading, then reinstalled for his lady in daily driving.

BTW, I recall reading in a car magazine (Motor Trend or Car and Driver) that the H2 can be jacked up at any point along the rocker panel, because GM developed the vehicle rapidly without much weight optimization. At least for easier trails, sliders may not be necessary.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
They come factory like that i think..i seen it before around here
yeah I can see it being factory but just looks silly haha unless the steps can be removed quickly for the occasional trails I can understand that portion but still id at least get real sliders that double as steps too!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #12

Im actually kinda surprised that the steps weren't dented or bent in anyway with all the dirt and mud that was on the frame you can see just a little bit in the fender well... so it kinda looks like the owner "sort of" uses it...
Old 02-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
I've got my OEM carpet mats under my Husky liners
Old 02-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #14
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Old 02-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
SHHHHH no one has to know... but its okay Pugga we've got your back