Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Freedom Toyota in PA - Terrible Service

Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Freedom Toyota in PA - Terrible Service

Was looking to buy an 09 Certified Pre-Owned DCSB from them, price was good, but I was only looking to offer about 800 less then what they had it listed for. Called Thursday, was told to check with their financing department, which I wasn't really interested in, I already have my own financing and it's exactly what I want to afford. So I told her here's my offer, talk to your sales manager and call me back.

No call back on the offer.

I called Friday, made the offer to a different girl on the internet sales team, first girl was out on fridays. She came back and told me the Sales manager wouldn't accept my offer. They had someone else coming to look at the truck that night and they figured they could get their asking price.

No big deal I told her if anything changes, give me a call back.

I get a call this morning, immediately recognize the dealership phone number and figured the buyer wasn't interested and they were ready to deal at my price. Wrong. Girl A from thursday is on the phone. And she is angry. She "Doesn't understand why I won't pay their asking price" and is confused because "My offer doesn't have any reasonable basis on the fair market value of the truck". After a few back and forths maintaining that I will make no other offer and I will not accept the dealer financing offer, I explain to her that it's *MY* Money and if they don't like the offer, then why did she even call me. If the price is so great then why didn't it sell last night when the other buyer came to look at the truck. Finally I told her to piss off and hung up. I had my 7 month old in my arm starting to get pissed off as well and I had zero interest in talking to this bitch anymore.

After that exchange I wouldn't even buy the truck if they called me back and accepted my offer. Assholes.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Sales personnel often lack nuance.

You did the right thing - stuck to your guns, they acted the fool, now you'll take your business elsewhere.

Nothing to worry about really. In fact, after you DO get a new truck, you may want to ride by that dealership, show them the truck, the buyer's agreement, and just let them know what excellent service you got from the dealership you did buy from. Make sure you inform the sales manager of this, and if possible get the sales staff that pissed you off to be in attendance as you tell him.

Little salt in the wound. One of my favorite things to do. No need to act cocky. I just like to matter-of-factly explain why I made the conscious decision to keep my money out of their pockets.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Sales personnel often lack nuance.

You did the right thing - stuck to your guns, they acted the fool, now you'll take your business elsewhere.

Nothing to worry about really. In fact, after you DO get a new truck, you may want to ride by that dealership, show them the truck, the buyer's agreement, and just let them know what excellent service you got from the dealership you did buy from. Make sure you inform the sales manager of this, and if possible get the sales staff that pissed you off to be in attendance as you tell him.

Little salt in the wound. One of my favorite things to do. No need to act cocky. I just like to matter-of-factly explain why I made the conscious decision to keep my money out of their pockets.
X2 yeah don't let the stealerships run you!