1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Freedom Toyota in PA - Terrible Service

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by BlackSeven, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Feb 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    BlackSeven

BlackSeven [OP] Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '10 Reg Cab 4x4
    Toytec Ultimate Lift kit, Toytec Rear AAL, 4.88 Gears, ARB Rear locker, Doug Thorley header, Volant Cold Air Intake, Demello Offroad front high clearance bumper, ARB On board Air compressor, BLHM, Wet Okoles, 2011 Color matched grill, Weathertech mats, 4x Innovations Sliders, ATO Engine Skid plate, ATO High lift bed mounts.
    Was looking to buy an 09 Certified Pre-Owned DCSB from them, price was good, but I was only looking to offer about 800 less then what they had it listed for. Called Thursday, was told to check with their financing department, which I wasn't really interested in, I already have my own financing and it's exactly what I want to afford. So I told her here's my offer, talk to your sales manager and call me back.

No call back on the offer.

I called Friday, made the offer to a different girl on the internet sales team, first girl was out on fridays. She came back and told me the Sales manager wouldn't accept my offer. They had someone else coming to look at the truck that night and they figured they could get their asking price.

No big deal I told her if anything changes, give me a call back.

I get a call this morning, immediately recognize the dealership phone number and figured the buyer wasn't interested and they were ready to deal at my price. Wrong. Girl A from thursday is on the phone. And she is angry. She "Doesn't understand why I won't pay their asking price" and is confused because "My offer doesn't have any reasonable basis on the fair market value of the truck". After a few back and forths maintaining that I will make no other offer and I will not accept the dealer financing offer, I explain to her that it's *MY* Money and if they don't like the offer, then why did she even call me. If the price is so great then why didn't it sell last night when the other buyer came to look at the truck. Finally I told her to piss off and hung up. I had my 7 month old in my arm starting to get pissed off as well and I had zero interest in talking to this bitch anymore.

After that exchange I wouldn't even buy the truck if they called me back and accepted my offer. Assholes.

Absolutely ridiculous.

2. Feb 4, 2012 at 9:24 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Sales personnel often lack nuance.

You did the right thing - stuck to your guns, they acted the fool, now you'll take your business elsewhere.

Nothing to worry about really. In fact, after you DO get a new truck, you may want to ride by that dealership, show them the truck, the buyer's agreement, and just let them know what excellent service you got from the dealership you did buy from. Make sure you inform the sales manager of this, and if possible get the sales staff that pissed you off to be in attendance as you tell him.

Little salt in the wound. One of my favorite things to do. No need to act cocky. I just like to matter-of-factly explain why I made the conscious decision to keep my money out of their pockets.

3. Feb 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    X2 yeah don't let the stealerships run you!

Products Discussed in

To Top