Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Removing tailgate sticker. Help

Old 02-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Removing tailgate sticker. Help

I bought a new Custom Toyota sticker for my tailgate but I want to take the old ones out but as you know when you take the old sticker off you can still see the outline on the paint, how do I take the decals off and remove the outline on the paint
Old 02-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Polish / buff. Use goo gone first. How old is the paint?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandigirolamo View Post
Polish / buff. Use goo gone first. How old is the paint?
Stock paint from 98
Old 02-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Based on his sig looks like original paint to me. As stated buffing might help but I would think a good claybarring and wax might restore the paint around it to make it less noticeable. The paints faded in 14 years.. really no way around the fact that the paint under the sticker is going to look different since it hasn't been exposed to sunlight.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
Based on his sig looks like original paint to me. As stated buffing might help but I would think a good claybarring and wax might restore the paint around it to make it less noticeable. The paints faded in 14 years.. really no way around the fact that the paint under the sticker is going to look different since it hasn't been exposed to sunlight.
Yeah I just want to take the outline off because you see when you take it all off you can still tell that it said toyota
Old 02-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTHe FioLOxX View Post
Yeah I just want to take the outline off because you see when you take it all off you can still tell that it said toyota
Gonna be like that regardless. Debadged the tailgate on my 04 and waxing helped. Can still see Toyota and Tacoma if the light is right though.

Tell people you wanted something less flashy than badges so you had Toyota "ghosted" into the paint
Old 02-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
Gonna be like that regardless. Debadged the tailgate on my 04 and waxing helped. Can still see Toyota and Tacoma if the light is right though.

Tell people you wanted something less flashy than badges so you had Toyota "ghosted" into the paint
Yeah Im a get it off then because I got this cool new sticker but I need to take the old off or else it's going to be too full, I plan on getting the whole truck painted this summer so I'm just going to go for it