Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Related to a GMC Acadia

Old 02-06-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Related to a GMC Acadia

Hey guys,

I know its not toyota or tacoma related, but you guys are pretty smart.

My wife has a 2011 GMC Adacia. The key gets stuck in the ignition 6 out of 10 times you drive it. The relay that releases the key is going bad or shorting out somehow. Until I can get it in to the dealership, I need a way to release the key so my battery wont die. If i beat on the steering column for about 10 mins it finally kicks in and releases the key.

Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Is it when the wheel is turned all the way to one side and when you shut it off it engages the steering column lock??
Old 02-06-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Will it help to move the gearshift back to Drive and then to Park again? Since the gearshift has to be in Park in order for the key to come out, maybe it is that contact point that is not working right, and wiggling the gearshift a little in-and-out park might cause the relay/solenoid to make contact.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I'd assume it being a 2011 model the dealer should repair the vehicle free of charge.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #5
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
No, you can actually hear the selenoid/relay whatever it is engage or disengage, not sure which when you shift into park on a normal day.

On days when the key gets stuck, you cannot hear that "Click" in the steering column.

Yeah, they will repair it, but not until next tuesday. Thats 8 days of me getting pissed everytime i drive it.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
The Acadias came out just as I was leaving GM so I'm not positive on this but....

Stick your head under the steering column and look UP at the plastic under the ignition cylinder. There is usually a small diameter hole that you can stick a pin or pen cap up into that will allow you to rotate the key backwards.