Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Baiting Traps

Old 02-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Baiting Traps

I'm having a Raccoon problem and I have some traps. What will work best to attract them? I was told peanut butter?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i caught one with a wet can of cat food
Old 02-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
i caught one with a wet can of cat food
Thats an idea
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

Nine Mile Style's Tacoma Gallery
Jelly, and twinkies have worked well for me
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
any kind of smelly food, and build something so that they will "funnel" to the food. remember, they will take the easiest route to get to food. trap how you want, im not gonna get into it bc there are so many ways...humane, and not.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Thats an idea
its so smelly it attracts them and I found it on some forum awhile back on some trapper or some crap forum
Old 02-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty 06 4x4 View Post
its so smelly it attracts them and I found it on some forum awhile back on some trapper or some crap forum
trapper john?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
any kind of smelly food, and build something so that they will "funnel" to the food. remember, they will take the easiest route to get to food. trap how you want, im not gonna get into it bc there are so many ways...humane, and not.
My buddy who's a pest control guy lent me two small metal traps. I caught one quite awhile ago and ended up taking it up into the forest about 15 miles from my home and let it go
Old 02-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Mile Style View Post
Jelly, and twinkies have worked well for me
WTF .............so they have a sweet tooth huh?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #10
NBHNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
trapper john?
no I dont think so
Old 02-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

Quote:
WTF .............so they have a sweet tooth huh?
It sounded wierd to me at first too until I tried it. I have trapped alot of coons with those two items
Old 02-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #12

Quote:
It sounded wierd to me at first too until I tried it. I have trapped alot of coons with those two items
Looks like I need to drop buy 7/11
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Big Cat

Quote:
Looks like I need to drop buy 7/11
Pick up some anise extract from the grocery store and put a few drops of that on your bait too
Old 02-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Pick up some anise extract from the grocery store and put a few drops of that on your bait too
"anise extract"
Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #15
Big Cat

McCormick anise extract it has a strong licorice smell