Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Have you found *YOUR* calling?

Old 02-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
Have you found *YOUR* calling?

Everyone has a calling right?

Whether or not they found it yet is the question.

So have you found your calling?

Is it a profession? A hobby? A long lost dream? Something small?

I make people smile, I help bring out the positive in situations, and I serve my community to help them in anyway I can.

These are just the one's I know...
Old 02-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
I've found my calling, but I kinda wish I could block it.

I've lived/worked on a farm all my life and I have gained a lot of knowledge in that area. Thing is, I don't think I really want to do it for the rest of my life. It's hard work and there are much better opportunities out there. Honestly, if I was steller at math I would become an engineer or something and try to work for Toyota. Now that would be an awesome job!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
If your not happy doing it, I doubt it's your calling!

I could be wrong!

Maybe your calling is going out of your comfort zone, and trying TO be that engineer?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Breasts seem to always call for me.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
At the moment it seems like my only calling is my truck...
Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Mall Crawler of the Year
TRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
TRDBen's Tacoma Gallery
Havent found my calling yet, but based on my love of anything automotive, Ill bet I end up working in the auto industry, hopefully for Porsche or BMW or Mercedes corporate.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
I've more or less decided that the firearms industry is my calling.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBen View Post
Havent found my calling yet, but based on my love of anything automotive, Ill bet I end up working in the auto industry, hopefully for Porsche or BMW or Mercedes corporate.
Same here. I'm debating whether to go to UTI after I finish college. I think I would really enjoy learning more about the automotive industry and getting my hands dirty. That would be kinda weird though, a guy who took up Accounting in college and going to UTI after graduation. Haha
Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #9
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I guess you could say going back to school for engineering is my calling.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't found shit.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
Cheeba Chief
Nicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicks4x4LT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Nicks4x4LT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Breasts seem to always call for me.
x2.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #12
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
personally, my family. I used to think i never wanted to get married and have a family. I was severely wrong. professionally heck yeah.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
Resident SUV racer
Lucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedLucario Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Lucario Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Automotive racing of any sort. I love it and can't get enough of it, I auto x and drag race every week. It is my dream and desire to be a professional but I know realistically I have a 5% chance if that to become one. That is why I'm studying to become a mechanical engineer if the racing career doesn't take off I can still be heavily involved in racing, like designing, building, testing race cars and have the cash to buy my dream cars and trucks and race them as a hobby/addiction.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 PM   #14
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I haven't found shit.
x2

Musician? Never been schooled in music
Chemistry? Got screwed over in classes
Military? Having trouble with paperwork

good thing im not 80, or i'd be bitter
Old 02-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #15
Derp, Derp Derp
hats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sonia
hats009's Tacoma Gallery
I'd been thinking about the military, Air Force to be exact.
I love flying airplanes, but money is short. I'd say flying is my true calling. I'd be content dusting crops in a plane just as long as I could fly.

I don't think my "calling" is a job though.. I'm a free bird of sorts.
Recently I have been hanging out at my local mechanics shop while he works on my truck with me. I've always been mechanical, maybe there is something there.
Still keeping my eyes open.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #16
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I haven't found shit.
Dont worry. When I was 20 all I did was find my way to the closest party or hangout. It will find you.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #17
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
At this point, I don't think I ever will.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #18
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hats009 View Post
I'd been thinking about the military, Air Force to be exact.
I love flying airplanes, but money is short. I'd say flying is my true calling. I'd be content dusting crops in a plane just as long as I could fly.

I don't think my "calling" is a job though.. I'm a free bird of sorts.
Recently I have been hanging out at my local mechanics shop while he works on my truck with me. I've always been mechanical, maybe there is something there.
Still keeping my eyes open.
thing that sucks about that is everything requires a specialized degree or certification. Which prevents rapid mobility through different sectors of the economy.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #19
Black Sand Mirror

lol it's kinda comforting knowing many of you are in the same position too. Most of my buddies have their futures all planned out and stuff and here I am stressing about what to do still. Not to mention that a lot of people are expecting a lot of me.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #20
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
x2

Musician? Never been schooled in music
Chemistry? Got screwed over in classes
Military? Having trouble with paperwork

good thing im not 80, or i'd be bitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS1980 View Post
Dont worry. When I was 20 all I did was find my way to the closest party or hangout. It will find you.
I hope so...