1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WOW ONCE AGAIN FCUK CommunistFornia!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by meeestirg, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...ine-for-throwing-football-frisbee-on-beaches/

First-time offenders will have to pay a $100 fine, according to Lucy Kim, from the LA County Department of Beaches and Harbors. For a second offense, beach-goers will face a $200 fine. Three or more infractions within one year will result in a $500 fine. LOS ANGELES (CBS) — When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.
    In passing the 37-page ordinance on Tuesday, officials sought to outline responsibilities for law enforcement and other public agencies while also providing clarification on beach-goer activities that could potentially disrupt or even injure the public.
    According to Lucy Kim, from the LA County Department of Beaches and Harbors, a first-time offender will have to pay a $100 fine. For a second offense, beach-goers will face a $200 fine. Three or more infractions within one year will result in a $500 fine, Kim said.
    The updated rules now prohibit “any person to cast, toss, throw, kick or roll” any object other than a beach ball or volleyball “upon or over any beach” between Memorial Day and Labor Day. (spring-summer)

Exceptions allow for ball-throwing in predesignated areas, when a person obtains a permit, or playing water polo “in or over the Pacific Ocean”.
    However, during the winter off-season, the new rules will be relaxed.
    Officials warned that any activities that could potentially harm “any person or property on or near the beach” should not be allowed during the peak summer season.
    Your kids could also end up costing you big bucks: the ordinance also prohibits digging any hole deeper than 18 inches into the sand except where permission is granted for film and TV production services only.

2. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:17 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    The fuck? I don't even live in Cali and know that's some shit

3. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    4wd Boss

4wd Boss Shake and Bake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jefferson
    Big D
    Vehicle:
    16 Quiksand TRD Offroad
    Fog Light Mod, Pro Grille, raptor lights, 1.25 spacers, RC coilovers
    haha my dad always said california was the land of fruits and nuts. (and by nuts he meant crazy ppl). wont matter, earthquakes will soon take care of all that.

4. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    I don't see how this has anything to do with Communism.

These regulations were enacted by your publicly elected officials, via the voting process. Jeffersonian Democracy at work!

If anything, blame overpopulation.

5. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:23 PM
    Talbotman

Talbotman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Ripon, California
    Vehicle:
    2002 "Toy Taco"
    3" custom lift kit, 285/75/r16 toyo open country AT's, Billy 5100's in front and 5150's in back, Weld 16x10 rims, Flowmaster 2 chamber, 6000k bi-xenon hid kit, grey wire mod, and smoked tail lights
    this just goes to show how fucking stupid California can be...i grew up going to the beach all the time frisbees, footballs and kids digging holes is the whole reason (other than the obvious reasons) to go to the damn beach. This is just another stupid fucking law that California passed so that they can make money, and yet another reason for me to hate California

6. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:25 PM
    jbmccul

jbmccul Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra AT4, 2019 Audi A5, 2017 Audi Q5
  7. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
    goufcustom

goufcustom 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    This is because it is easier to write tickets for playing games on the beach then it is to go solve real crimes and protect the public since they took all your guns away.

Everyone in LA should walk around with a football, don't do anything with it but put all of LA in a defcon condition of alert...

8. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:32 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    This reminds me of my middle school.

We got tag banned cause one of the kids fell while we were playing

then we got football banned cause one flew on the roof

then we got baseball banned cause someone missed the ball and got hit

then we got hacky sacks banned cause one got stuck in a gutter

then we got soccer banned cause someone tripped over the ball

then we got running banned cause someone tripped

glad I dont go to middle school anymore.

9. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    Chainsmoker

Chainsmoker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Phila.PA
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 double cab Short Bed
    3inch ProComp Lift. 285/70/17 on ATX Crawl wheels. tinted windows. blacked out tail lights. 8k hid fogs. projector headlights with dual halo rings and 8k hid. remote start. blacked out grille.

LMAO!!! Sounds like the same people running some of our states

10. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    Ah yes, I forgot that guns are the cause, and solution to all the problems in California...

So by this rationale, the proper solution to someone getting trampled or sand in kicked in their eye by wayward football ruffians would be to pull out your gat and leave 'em leakin'?

11. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    This ^ ever have someone playing around your car and have a feeling that they will hit it and dent/break something?

Easier/cheaper to write a ticket then spend time tracking people and claims down.

It's preventative, do I agree with it? yes and no...

12. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    I do like this idea, though. I think it would be an awesome form of protest.

13. Feb 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    Fractured

Fractured FPS-a-holic

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    NOR*Cal
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DCSB 4x4
    TRD wheels, TRD cat back exhaust, ScanGauge 2, Debadged, Avid sliders, UWS bed box w/automatic LED light, Led Interior/Reverse/Lic. Plate lights, Yellow Fogs, Flyzeye Light, Color matched grill, Rearview mirror relocate bracket, Power Sliding rear window, Plasti-dipped bumper/"T" emblem

Don't bother trying to defend California. There is a lot of "anti-California" sediment going around these boards for some reason.

I admit that not being able to play catch on the beach is a bit ludicrous, but I don't live in LA therefore I could not vote.

LOL @ this intelligent statement. They must not study plate tectonics in your state.:eek:

I love this state, and will never leave. We have some of the best weather, and 3 of the greatest cities in the USA here. Most people that I know feel the same way- so if you don't like it, no need to come here- unless you want to give tourism some of your heard earned cash and enjoy one of our wonderful sandy beaches, amusement parks, wine country or redwood forests!

14. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Um, yeah.

Los Angeles County ordinance. And this isn't communist, just draconian (and probably a desperate grab at recovering faltering tax revenues).

Hilter had strict rules, too. So do Singapore and Switzerland. None are communist.

All governments of all types all over the country and world come up with stupid laws all the time. It's a democracy. Get involved and help change it.

15. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Word.

16. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    It isn't a complete trip to the beach until someone has made a catch superman style into the water.

17. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    I wouldn't mind visiting some of the old redwood forest and a drive down Highway 1 in a convertible or on a motorcycle is on my bucket list.

18. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    :laugh: I voted for county cash stasher at the bottom of the poll lol

Boo for my home state!! Glad I'm in Oregon..thought I do miss socal sometimes..

19. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Or Fonzi jumps the shark.

20. Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    You mean people can't just post on an Internet forum with a rant and it will automatically become personal utopia?

Aw shucks! I thought that was the point of the Internet. Welp, time to shuffle off this mortal coil I suppose. All is lost.

Products Discussed in

To Top