Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone here have their CDL?

Old 02-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone here have their CDL?

I was wondering who here has a CDL and who is maybe employed with a truck? I currently jsut got mine about a few weeks ago and i'm currently looking for places to get employed. I heard of swift but apparently from people who used to work there, they are really shitty. What should I expect when I find a decent place to work? What will training be like and just stuff like that?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I think everybody and employer is different, as in any new job you will be treated a certain way until you have proven yourself. I don't have a CDL but I did go through the course and passed it for the fire department(volunteer) but fire departments are exempt from getting a CDL, at least in Hawaii.

The only way you will know how it is, is to just dive into a company and go through it
Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
ne0tas, did you ever find a job?

I have had my CDL for over 5 years, working as a tractor trailer driver trainer for UPS (as a supervisor). I am not happy at UPS and looking at other options.

Just got my Hazmat and Tank Vehicle endorsements (already had Doubles/Triples). Looking at jobs delivering Gas / Diesel.