Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Actually used my paracord bracelet!!!

Old 02-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Actually used my paracord bracelet!!!

Last night i was out in the city with some friends and we were going back to this one girls apartment. My friend had her apartment key and while handing it to her in a drunken stooper they both missed their marks and the key dropped and managed to slip right through the metal grate at the apartment entrance. fml. And a replacement key is like $60

Its like 2am and were screwed. we are trying everything to get the grate up but its heavy and we would need a crowbar to pry one of the corners off.

Then I get a brilliant idea! I cut off my paracord bracelet, un-do it, slip one end under the metal and back up, and give it a tug and the metal grate lifts up and we get the key. followed by pulling the shirt off and commencing a victory dance!!

Anyone else have some actual stories where they used their paracord.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Nam. Strung it between two trees and slept under a ground sheet on an ant hill. Worst night ever.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Good thinking. But were you in a druken stooper as well? If so, bad move. Drinking and driving....
Old 02-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Good thinking. But were you in a druken stooper as well? If so, bad move. Drinking and driving....
He never said he was drinking or driving. I assume you like to assume.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfast View Post
Nam. Strung it between two trees and slept under a ground sheet on an ant hill. Worst night ever.

some of the greatest stories are just few sentences long.

Used a bit off my old bracelet to make a hooch.
5 mins after it was done, it rained for 6 hours straight.

great stuff
Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Explain to me these paracord bracelets?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...elets-ect.html

like these

length of paracord woven to be worn as a bracelet, used in emergency situations.

paracord is cord with 7 or so nylon strands woven inside, so each foot of paracord is about 8 feet of usable string
Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I made about 10 of these and sent them with cards over seas for christmas i wonder if anyone ever used them :P
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i carry mine in my glovebox..Never know when it can come in handy
Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
He never said he was drinking or driving. I assume you like to assume.
Didn't assume. Just reading it. Just wondering
Old 02-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
Used my paracord to attach my dumbass to the other end of sheet of silk.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #12
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Didn't assume. Just reading it. Just wondering
of course i was in a drunken stooper. thats why the victory dance ensued.
but hell no to driving. that IS dumb and wouldnt ever.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #13
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
550 cord bootlaces > bracelet
Old 02-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
550 cord bootlaces > bracelet
Well yeah that works too. But boots aren't always my first choice when going to bars and clubs in the city.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i need to try and make one. i have like 90 feet of black baracord.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
<<<<>>>>
btuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtuner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
btuner's Tacoma Gallery
they are really easy to make, I've made like 20+ for friends and family
Old 02-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Never used my bracelet, right now its in my rescue backpack, though I do have like 40ft in my truck at all times that this summer had to be replace constantly because of use. best use was making a shelter 5 minutes before a huge downpour started.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Have used as a turnakit, laces, fixed a bumper in an accident, sling, hung our food in a tree from the bears, a temp bow string, kindling for a fire, prussic for belaying, twine for a tent, traps n tripline. I've been using these since i was a scout/ cub. Many other things too, like i carry a magnet on me at all times too. tied the magnet to the board ti recover keys a few times. Used the inside as fishing line
haha yeah the magnet could have helped a lot. lol