LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

What are you thankfull for this Holiday season

Old 12-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
What are you thankfull for this Holiday season

Well I thought I would start this off, but I need to back a little so the full pic is given.
Last Oct my wife found a lump on her breast, in Nov we found out she had stage 3 breast cancer and caner in other areas of the breast, she was only 39. Now I will let you all look that up if you want to know.
Her first 4 chemo treatments were enough to buy 4 new Tacoma's. I cried when I had to shave her head, it is my understanding that even the hair/scalp hurts. After 27 treatments, 14 surgeries, 2 of them being ASAP. and her body rejecting the implants, I am happy, glad, and full of joy to say as of now she is cancer free. Even though she still takes 6 pills a day to keep everything in check.
I am thankful for my children who through all of this were able to understand, even with their ages.
For family for all the supports, even when other people treated her as if she was a "non-touchable.
I am thankful for TW, with all the great help and advice, and also seeing that some people have more issues than I do.
For the people here, that when you are stressed, you can come and chill out.
They say, "were you lay your head is home" I just want to say, that most of you, well alot of you I have never meet. But know this, if you are in my area and need a place to rest your head for the evening, you got it.
I wish you ALL a joyful holiday season, and enjoy the true meaning of it, may you all be safe, and drive (hunter's shoot) straight.
Thanks to you ALL.
Bill................aka longbow
Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
hey man, thats seriously awesome she is cancer free. glad this had a happy ending.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for sharing man.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bill, i just want to say how happy i am to hear that your wife is cancer free. and i hope Everyone here at TW has a wonderful and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
Longbow after all you/your wife and family have been thought have a
good holiday season
Old 12-06-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad to hear that all is well with your wife....answers to prayers for sure.....

Thanks for helping us to understand the importance of cherishing each and every day we have to spend with our friends and family while we are on this earth.

I'm thankful TacomaWorld is welcoming and comforting enough for us to be able to post our stories such as these.

I'm also very thankful for Christ(mas)!
Old 12-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #7
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
That is definately alot to be thankful for and happy that she is doing well. I actually lost my mom 2 years ago to cancer that started in the breast...she fought it for 6 years and lost the battle in 2006. No matter how bad we each think we have it we all should be thankful for what we got....do not wait to do things in life and do not be sad for the ones that are sick. My mom always told me to never be sad, don't be so damn tight, and do not wait to live life. Happy holidays to all of you and thanks to TW and to you Bill for starting this thread.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:47 AM   #8
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
It's great to hear your wife is doing so well. You both have truly been through a lot but I'm sure it's brought you much closer together. You learn not to sweat the small stuff cause it's just not important. Best wishes to both you and your wife and I know you'll enjoy the holidays because you realize it's not about the gifts, etc. it's about being with the ones you love and having them all be healthy.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:01 AM   #9
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
That's great news, I am thankful to NOT be in your shoes, having to go through that is totally grim, I am thankful for health. Peace
Old 12-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Bill..................its truly awesome to hear that your wife is cancer free!!! and that my friend is one thing im grateful for this season!!! i think everyone can vouch for thayt brotha!!

also this season, im thankful for friends and family. Christmas will be tough for a few people who lost loved ones this year, including myself........as my Dad died august 2nd this year. sure aint the same without him around. also......definitely thankful for tw............lots of awesome people here.....lots of people i call friends!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #11
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

Marines: 0333-Accuracy by Volume
praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Well I thought I would start this off, but I need to back a little so the full pic is given.
Last Oct my wife found a lump on her breast, in Nov we found out she had stage 3 breast cancer and caner in other areas of the breast, she was only 39. Now I will let you all look that up if you want to know.
Her first 4 chemo treatments were enough to buy 4 new Tacoma's. I cried when I had to shave her head, it is my understanding that even the hair/scalp hurts. After 27 treatments, 14 surgeries, 2 of them being ASAP. and her body rejecting the implants, I am happy, glad, and full of joy to say as of now she is cancer free. Even though she still takes 6 pills a day to keep everything in check.
I am thankful for my children who through all of this were able to understand, even with their ages.
For family for all the supports, even when other people treated her as if she was a "non-touchable.
I am thankful for TW, with all the great help and advice, and also seeing that some people have more issues than I do.
For the people here, that when you are stressed, you can come and chill out.
They say, "were you lay your head is home" I just want to say, that most of you, well alot of you I have never meet. But know this, if you are in my area and need a place to rest your head for the evening, you got it.
I wish you ALL a joyful holiday season, and enjoy the true meaning of it, may you all be safe, and drive (hunter's shoot) straight.
Thanks to you ALL.
Bill................aka longbow
Bill, Great news. There is little in this world that will humble a man like that of being completely helpless to the woman he loves. My wife had brain surgery three years ago and it was only then, as I sat in the ICU looking at her, that I truly understood "for better and for worse". It was there that I truly understood my love for her.

Blessings to you and your family this Christmas and congratulations on being cancer free.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #12
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by praetor View Post
Bill, Great news. There is little in this world that will humble a man like that of being completely helpless to the woman he loves. My wife had brain surgery three years ago and it was only then, as I sat in the ICU looking at her, that I truly understood "for better and for worse". It was there that I truly understood my love for her.

Blessings to you and your family this Christmas and congratulations on being cancer free.
you twisted my heart strings brother, is everything going ok now?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #13
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
Humble is the word, you can sew someone up, restart their heart, set bones. But when it come to this, the hardest thing for me was I could do nothing but have faith.
A test I would not wish on anyone, for those who go through something like this, when the other half is helpless in helping, my heart goes out to them.
"Stay the Course" no matter what storm you are in, or storm coming up, "Stay the Course".
Old 12-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #14
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thankful for my son..
This summer he was involved in a near fatal car accident while a passenger in his grandmother's car. He was choppered to the hospital and in ICU for an entire week with a severe skull fracture. I'm grateful I live in a town that has a hospital totally dedicated to nothing but children.
Many prayers were said and the hard work by the doctor's and nurses all paid off.
He's doing just fine. But by seeing this you would think not.
God Bless all those who tended to him. Merry Christmas..

Old 12-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
I'm thankful for my son..
This summer he was involved in a near fatal car accident while a passenger in his grandmother's car. He was choppered to the hospital and in ICU for an entire week with a severe skull fracture. I'm grateful I live in a town that has a hospital totally dedicated to nothing but children.
Many prayers were said and the hard work by the doctor's and nurses all paid off.
He's doing just fine. But by seeing this you would think not.
God Bless all those who tended to him. Merry Christmas..

im thankful to hear he is doing ok now. thank you for sharing.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
im thankful to hear he is doing ok now. thank you for sharing.
x2...these are images that should make us either give a hug, or tell someone I love you, that most the time we might feel uncomfortable to do that to.....one day our opportunity may be gone.....
Old 12-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #17
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and her body rejecting the implants, I am happy, glad, and full of joy to say as of now she is cancer free.
Good news for sure. Proves that a willingness and determination to never quit pay off. Merry Christmas to you and your wife and family.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #18
praetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nicepraetor is just really nice

praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
you twisted my heart strings brother, is everything going ok now?
She is better than ever. Still dealing with graves disease which messes up her metabolism, but meds help (they irradiated her thyroid). In all the family is very healthy and we are very blessed.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #19

praetor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Humble is the word, you can sew someone up, restart their heart, set bones. But when it come to this, the hardest thing for me was I could do nothing but have faith.
A test I would not wish on anyone, for those who go through something like this, when the other half is helpless in helping, my heart goes out to them.
"Stay the Course" no matter what storm you are in, or storm coming up, "Stay the Course".
Faith does a lot more than those who have none realize.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #20
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
My family & my health. Now that I'm healthy & pain free again. & off the miserable drugs.

For those that didn't know I had blood clots in my leg this summer. It caused me to miss the US OPEN in San Diego(I had free passes). Bummer!
And then Trigeminal Neuralgia after that. Extremely painful!