1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Parents - Christmas Ideas!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Janster, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Dec 6, 2008 at 8:10 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Let's hear 'em!!

For parents who already have 'everything' - what the heck do you get 'em for Christmas? My Dad's already taken care of, he's getting R/C plane related stuff. Now Mom...she's hard to buy for. I already buy her a subscription to *Teddy Bear* magazine (crafty stuff) and I've given her gift certificates to Michaels, Bed/Bath & Beyond, etc. But my gawd, she hasn't even finished spending the money on those gift cards from previous years. She loves Cats - and I've given her ever shirt/sweat shirt, shoes, slippers, etc with Cats on them. She doesn't really do much.... I bought her gaming books (crossword puzzles, etc.) She's 75 years old and in very good shape. Her & Dad ride their Goldwing all over the country and are in local motorcycle clubs. What the heck do you get her for Christmas?

Anyone know of any *girl* PS3 games (for a girl around age 8)?

Every year Christmas gets harder and harder.

2. Dec 6, 2008 at 8:15 AM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    Ratatouille (E) - this culinary rodent takes the cake on any console. And, so Remy and gang deserve mention here (even though we featured him for the PSP). These Parisian tails run across your home's big screen entertaining little ones. The game encourages logic and problem solving all while adding in a few cooking tips. Gameprofamily's little girls give Ratatouilie five stars!
    Need for Speed: Carbon (E10) - who would have thought that racing games crossed the gender lines. Perhaps racing queen Danica Patrick has brought a few female recruits over the lines. In any case, preteens and young teens alike will enjoy racing cars through these canyons. Need for Speed: Carbon tests agility and spatial acuity - skills that will challenge most girls. If you have a racecar fan in your house, she might love Need for Speed.
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Teen) if your teenage girl enjoyed the Johnny Depp Pirate movies, she will thrill playing as the goofy pirate while she swashbuckles her way through many adventures on the high seas. And, the game's controls are easy enough to allow gamers to thrill in the fun. This teen version alludes to alcohol in the same way the film did. However, if the movie's okay for your young lady, this game will provide a story of fun, too.
    Those are this gameprofamily's mom picks for the season. We would love to hear what games your kids open and which ones were worth the money. Stay tuned to gameprofamily for my "Love-it/Leave-it" games of the year.

Here are the top 3 games that showed up. they might be worth taking a look at.

3. Dec 6, 2008 at 8:58 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  4. Dec 6, 2008 at 9:23 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    A few years back I was brainstorming for a gift idea for my father. I had finally decided that a gray scale photo of the house he had grown up in would be a great idea. My brother and I went to the old neighborhood (where my father and me and my brothers also grew up) and snapped photos of the house. Being familiar with a utility pole on the curb out front of the house where he had hung several basketball hoops over the years with bunch of rusty nails and dilapidated plywood parts still attached after 40 yrs, we took a pic of the house with the pole in the fore ground. This may have been the greatest gift he had ever received as it hangs proudly in the entrance of home for all to see.

So maybe there is a home or special place in your mothers past that would make for a great photo. I know we as a family are proud of where we came from and know that has a lot of influence of who we are today, which makes it a special reminder of who we are.

5. Dec 6, 2008 at 9:24 AM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    Possibly something for the bike?

6. Dec 6, 2008 at 9:27 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    My old stand by is always nice picture frames with family photos, places they've been, or an album with photos. Maybe you've done it already, but my mom loves as many as she can get. You can get the frames at Christmas tree shop, TJ Max, Kohls. Even Michael's.

Does she have nice gear for riding? Maybe some nice gloves or something she wouldn't buy for herself.

7. Dec 6, 2008 at 10:01 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Awesome gang!

My parents live in VA -so I could ask Dad if she needs anything for the bike.
    My parents grew up in Canada, but I have a lot of relatives up there so I could ask them about some old family photos. That's a neat idea.

I remember one year - I bought an old VHS video from Hamilton Watch company and gave it to my mother-in-law for Christmas. Her father worked there as a young man (he's deceased). This video must have been from the 40's.... The biggest surprise was that her father was actually seen in the video. She cried.... It was incredible. I had no idea he was in the video.

Wow, I could really stir up some old memories eh?

I'll have to ask my sister if Bethy will like Ratatuoille - she might like that one.

Keep 'em coming gang!!

8. Dec 6, 2008 at 10:13 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    ok so maybe its me but why?

9. Dec 6, 2008 at 12:21 PM
    schoonie

schoonie Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Red Turd
    Geritol and Depends Jk:D

10. Dec 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Gift certificate to a nice restaurant or perhaps a nice donation in there name to a good organization, i.e. local church or hospital, cancer ward, something along those lines.

11. Dec 7, 2008 at 6:55 AM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Even better ! :)

12. Dec 9, 2008 at 2:06 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
  13. Dec 9, 2008 at 2:11 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Yea.. I loved gettin random care packages in Iraq.. It always felt good to get mail ..

If your interessted I can get you the address of a few of the guys from Pope that just got to Iraq last month...

14. Dec 9, 2008 at 3:12 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Do any of the guys care about having pen pals? I think that'd be neat....
    Do you know how to get involved with that?

15. Dec 9, 2008 at 7:37 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    Last year when I was in Iraq... The school my Mom works at had a side project for the 5th grade classes to have all the students write letters to each of the 110 of us stationed at Balad.. I would say atleast 60% of the people wrote back to the kids.. sadly there were some that that didnt.

But I can email a few people and see if I can get the address to get the mail there.. And im sure if a few of you wanted to send a care package with a letter that you would get some responses in return.

16. Dec 9, 2008 at 7:45 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I've taken up buying plants for my mom. I think that she likes gardening, but I won't be too upset if she kills them after a year.

17. Dec 9, 2008 at 7:56 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    A year? Lucky woman!!

I'm lucky if shit lasts me one week!!

Ya think a 75 year old would enjoy a spa treatment or massage? It's almost like some people would be ALL for it while others would think its cheesy. Time to send Dad an e-mail.... :rolleyes: Hell, he'll spill the beans in the process of trying to pawn her for feeler. (laugh...did I just say that?)

18. Dec 9, 2008 at 8:01 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    she doesn't get bathed at the nursing home? :eek:

19. Dec 9, 2008 at 8:24 AM
    trtripoli

trtripoli lower management

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 4,0 L, 6M, Dbl Cab, TRD Off Road
    Eclipse AVN6620 JL 500/1 amp JL 13TW5 sub JL 300/4 JL XR-650CSi Mr Marv Box Blu tooth XM radio Back Up camera, RAAMmat and Ensolite everywhere but ceiling
    I got that for my parents from woot as well. It was a two for tuesday, so they got 2 of them.

Products Discussed in

To Top