LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Ghosts at the dealer.............

Old 12-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ghosts at the dealer.............

So I had my first oil change and service done this week at the dealership.

Took a TSB to get checked out as well. Without going into a huge mass of information, lets just say I may have said something to the writup person that got relayed to the 'master tech' working on my truck.

Long story short, I use my headlights as an indicater on the wall in the garage to tell me how far to pull in. Its always dark when I get home.

The same day of my service on the way home from work in the dark, and when I pulled in the garage, my headlight on the driver side seemed to be a little outa wack. (actually ALOT)

Well, I adjusted it about 10 rounds on the adjustment screw and now it is lined back up.

Had the truck for about 4 months, park in my garage every night with no issues at all, and all of a sudden I have a headlight that is many turns out of adjustment........huh....

Is it me, or do these strange things happen at Toyota dealerships often?

I'm finally getting this posted because it has taken me a while to cool down.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I once thought I saw a Skunk Ape at one of my local Chevy dealers.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #4
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
<<<<<<<<< Hmm.....did you say GHOST????
And where were you and what were you doing on Dec. 3..............
Old 12-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
And where were you and what were you doing on Dec. 3..............
I was here....I SWEAR!!!!

In all honesty though, yes the evil gremlins like to mess with our trucks when they're at the dealer. My dealer had to remove my brushguard to work on my timing belt cover. When they so-called re-installed it, they couldn't even align the existing holes back up so while i began driving home, the brushguard was laid back onto my hood and rubbing my fenders.

Needless to say, when i took it back, they ended up replacing the grill and repainting the paint rubbed fender.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Quote:
I was here....I SWEAR!!!!

In all honesty though, yes the evil gremlins like to mess with our trucks when they're at the dealer. My dealer had to remove my brushguard to work on my timing belt cover. When they so-called re-installed it, they couldn't even align the existing holes back up so while i began driving home, the brushguard was laid back onto my hood and rubbing my fenders.

Needless to say, when i took it back, they ended up replacing the grill and repainting the paint rubbed fender.
I believe you that you were here, I can hear the addiction in your voice!!!

Nice truck btw, I really like your brush guard. I want to get one just like yours eventually. I think it looks good with the factory stance and wheels as well. Helps me picture what mine would look like. Glad the dealer made it right with ya.....
Old 12-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #7
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I believe you that you were here, I can hear the addiction in your voice!!!

Nice truck btw, I really like your brush guard. I want to get one just like yours eventually. I think it looks good with the factory stance and wheels as well. Helps me picture what mine would look like. Glad the dealer made it right with ya.....
If you want a picture with the factory stance here it is....This is before the 3" lift was added
Ghosts at the dealer.............-dsc00698.jpg
Old 12-06-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
Quote:
If you want a picture with the factory stance here it is....This is before the 3" lift was added
Attachment 17896
yep, I already had checked it out in your gallery.........thanks.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #9

Quote:
yep, I already had checked it out in your gallery.........thanks.
Oh yeah.....forgot that was there.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Did you have it done up my way, if so I know the location.
Had a few odd ball things happen, cover unlocked, XM radio station changed, and a pack I carry messed with. Most times I don't notice until I get home, but nothing ever taken.
May do the mouse trap idea for the pack, but knowing how things go sometimes I may stick my own finger into it and get SMACKED
not up your way bow....wanted to use the dealer closer to town where I work......save me some time and gas money.....but didn't start out to well!