Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Would you help someone in a Broke down Taco?

View Poll Results: What would you do?
Stop and Help 36 24.83%
Roll by and ask if help is needed 73 50.34%
Fly by and don't look back 13 8.97%
Only stop if it was a woman 23 15.86%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
Would you help someone in a Broke down Taco?

The question is if you were driving down the road and saw a fellow Taco owner broke down on the side of the road, would you stop and help? Or drive by.

My wife was like this guy is scary looking don't stop. What's your guys take on this?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
What they drive has nothing to do with my stopping to help. An older guy I know recently stopped to help a stranded women on the side of the road and the next thing he saw was a pipe coming at the side of his head. Her and some POS dope head were setting him up. He was able to defend himself and thanks to being armed was able to get the situation under control.

I don't trust anybody.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
"only stop if it a HOT woman" Corrected
Old 02-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I'll absolutely stop regardless of what they're driving. Where I grew up (Ideeho) it was expected. When I was stationed back east in the '80's, I saw someone broke down and pulled over to help. They acted like I was going to rob/rape/beat/murder and make fun of them so I got back in my car and bailed. Still didn't stop me from stopping to offer later, but sure made me glad to get back to the west!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I used to stop all of the time. Then on a highway not far from my home (Western NY at the time), a guy stopped to help a woman on the side of the road, and sure enough, 2 guys jumped out of the ditch, shot him and left him for dead.

To quote Alice Cooper: " No more Mr. nice guy"........

BUT- I have passed someone, and called the police to help out since no one else seemed to be around.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
edjake21 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Eric
edjake21's Tacoma Gallery
Stop to help

Doesn't matter what they're driving. If they seem kind of freaked out, I would offer to call a tow for them (if they didn't have a phone).
Old 02-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #8
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Unless I see it happen I won't stop to help. I will however call the law enforcement give the location of the broken down vehicle and have them go check on them. I used to stop every time I saw someone broken down but a few people I know have been robbed by doing so.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
total judgement call on how the person appears: elderly-yes, hottie-yes, trashy/thuiggish-no etc otherwise hit the gas. hehe hard to trust too many unknown ppl these days. sad
Old 02-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
I'd stop if at all possible - other commitments or whatever don't prevent it. In fact, have done so dozens of times over the years. I've pulled people out of whatever (mud, snow, ditches, etc), helped to change tires, jump started cars, made minor repairs, shared fuel, given rides, called tow services, and so on. Not once felt threatened. Instead, I've met lots of interesting, grateful, people and even made a few friends.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
This is a trick question. There is no such thing as a broken-down Taco.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the situation. If I see someone who needs help and I have the ability, I'll lend a hand.

I've stopped to lend a hand to many disabled vehicles that are stuck on the beach or whatever. I've jumpstarted probably hundreds of peoples with my portable battery starter.

If i feel that your threatening me or casing me, I wont lend a hand. And if you threaten me, may god help you.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
Bingo!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #14
Custom Fabrication and Performance
8BoltRacing is on a distinguished road

Name: Jared
8BoltRacing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
+1. But I will only stop if im alone or with my brother or good friend. I won't risk putting my wife or kids in harm. And normally i would just roll up and ask first but I always carry when I drive..
Old 02-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #15
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
depends. if its on the trail, yes i would.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #16
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
tacos are a dime a dozen, and so are their pilots so I could care less about em, now if it was a modded taco and i had time you bet id ask if they needed any help!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
What they drive has nothing to do with my stopping to help. An older guy I know recently stopped to help a stranded women on the side of the road and the next thing he saw was a pipe coming at the side of his head. Her and some POS dope head were setting him up. He was able to defend himself and thanks to being armed was able to get the situation under control.

I don't trust anybody.
This happens up in the mines up here near the mines, the locals lay "injured" on the side of the road you stop get out walk over to you and they clock you over the side of the head when you bend down to help.

I'll stop for people but I don't usually get out of the vehicle unless there's someone else with me.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #19
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
really depends!!! i would first stop and ask if they need help or if they need me to call for help. i would not get out of my truck. i would never give a ride. heard to many bad stories of people doing that and getting killed/robed/raped. i don’t think i would let them call i will do that for them. because if it is a set up and they have my phone they can brake it or something than i can’t call for help if i need it. on a trail if someone is stuck and i had stuff to help i most likely would. have done it before. me and dad wear riding atv’s and a guy by him self was stuck on a 2wd atv and we pulled him out. it did not take 5 min.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith Stone
MXscott14's Tacoma Gallery
one time there was this hot chick that broke down and i pulled over to help her and she sucked my...

drink that i gave her down before i could finish changing the tire