1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should Everyone Have A Tactical Pistol?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeremy_283, Feb 14, 2012.

?

Should Every One Own At Least One Large Caliber Pistol?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2012.
  1. Yes

69 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. No

42 vote(s)
    37.8%
  1. Feb 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM
    Alderleet

Alderleet Ace of Spades

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Salty Hell
    Vehicle:
    '00 Acc Cab TRD 4x4
    I believe people should have the right to own and use firearms. Thats what i stand behind and fight for.

2. Feb 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM
    slowmod01

slowmod01 Active Member

Member:
    I can do the same at my house. I'm 20 minutes south of Atlanta in the suburbs. 5 acre plot and i can shoot all day long if i want.. But i don't because i take my neighbors into consideration, both the fact that it is annoying, it does scare some people, and there is always that risk that soemthing could happen and hit someome or someone's animals or livestock. My biggest fear is that some little kid is roaming the woods, as i used to do.

As for everyone owing a weapon (forget the tactical part), hell no. I wish more people would consider it, but only with proper training and at least bi-monthly practice, as well as the correct mental state. I own several handguns and i coordinate them with what i am wearing that day. I will carry the largest caliber that my clothes can conceal. My two favs are a ketlec p3at 380 w/laser that fits a pocket like a cell phone, and my pf9 - single stack 9mm that is less than .75 inch wide and dead nuts accurate at 15 yards. We keep a HK usp40 full size with +P hollow points, tac light and laser in the night stand for the wife / home defense. I would go with a 12ga but i would rather not spray my cats if i have to use it.

3. Feb 19, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4. Feb 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Tactical? Some of that could easily get you killed. For example, a flashlight or similar mounted on a firearm only provides a target for bad guys to shoot. Startled bad guys might fire blindly at any light shining on them. If you're standing directly behind that light (mounted on the firearm held in front of you), you have a darn good chance of getting shot as a result. Instead, the best ("tactical") tactic is to hold the flashlight out beside you, at arms length, removing your body from the likely fire zone.

5. Feb 19, 2012 at 11:55 PM
    DeanoCA

DeanoCA Dean

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wheatland CA
    Vehicle:
    11, Tacoma, Sport, DDL Cab, Long Bed
    Nurf Bars 1.5 Lift (Front), EOF Replacement Air Filter, Leer Shell, Tailget Lock, Okole Front Seat Covers, Air Bags
    Question to broad.... "Everyone".... Law abiding... Then we could stop an help the broken down taco....

6. Feb 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    01TacoBuz

01TacoBuz Well-Known Member

Member:
    In the woods
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5
    K&N drop in filter, URD rear simulator, Deck plate mod/home made CAI, No rear cat, MagnaFlow muffler
    Pistols in the hands of someone that shoots them well and are safe with them make a good self defence weapon

If we are talking in home defence, a shotgun is hard to beat

7. Feb 20, 2012 at 1:27 AM
    stewartx

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Of course, those opinions focus almost exclusively on offense (shooting the bad guy), with little regard for safety. One could counter by pointing out the best way to survive an encounter is to consider your own safety first, above dealing with the bad guy. One could also counter the SWAT team example by pointing out the considerable body armor worn, which a homeowner, dealing with an unexpected intruder in the middle of the night, would not likely have. A single round to the body would be disastrous, which is why any tactic reducing the chance of that is an important consideration.

8. Feb 20, 2012 at 6:35 AM
    stewartx

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    Since most are not going to set up one room of the house as a virtual fortress, nor will those who do always have time for all to get to that room, any unauthorized entry into the home is potentially a tactical situation. In other words, not so easy to separate non-tactical from tactical, especially when someone else is significantly influencing the encounter. In any case, I still believe it's best to learn and use any tactic which might reduce the chances of getting shot. Thanks for your reply as well. :wave:

Products Discussed in

To Top