Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Should Everyone Have A Tactical Pistol?

View Poll Results: Should Every One Own At Least One Large Caliber Pistol?
Yes 69 62.16%
No 42 37.84%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
No..then every tom dick and harry would own one. Having a safety class would raise the cost of ownership. Most of the people i know could care less about guns..one dude i work with would probably wind up shooting himself, hes the "barney fife" of the shop.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy_283 View Post
Is it a good idea to own at least one larger caliber pistol for self-defense purposes? Is it really necessary?
...define "large"...?... .40, 10mm, .44spl/mag, .45, ..460mag, .500mag, .454casul, ..?

the real answer is whatever you can confortable handle..
Old 02-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on who you're talking to. I wouldn't trust an airsoft gun to a guy who just got out the looney bin for fits of blind rage. Everyone with a stable head and that knows how to carry a gun properly, safely, isn't going to go around brandishing it, will use it solely for self defense purposes if need be, and wants to carry should have one.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, they should...
Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #8
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
is OP new to handguns?... i'd recommend taking a basic pistol course for starters... if you plan on going beyond just target shooting, ..i'd also recommend advanced training - that's where you really get the understanding of properly employing it in dynamic SD situations: proper extension, firing off the draw, trigger slack-out, dealing w/ malfunctions under pressure, shoot-while-moving, proper holster/reholster, mag changes, close-quarters, room-clearing, low-light, etc...
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
no.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Derp, Derp Derp
hats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to beholdhats009 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sonia
hats009's Tacoma Gallery
Not literally "everyone."
But competent people should. Now, how we weed out the incompetent.. it's complicated.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
jeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremy_283 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeremy_283's Tacoma Gallery
Well I just got a new house and to my understanding I could discharge in my yard (although it wouldn't be a habit) and I just wanted to verify. I would be firing into a suitable backdrop that contains the bullets on my property. Firing in my back yard would be a once a month thing IF that. I've shot with buddies and their 9mm before and I grew up with a 22 hand gun as well as rifles. I do have a hunting license and have taken those basic classes before. I do intend to take a more advance course if I were to own a larger handgun.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
Be back Summer of 2014
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Pay attenttion sir
What? why? I do not want some people owning handguns... That is my opinion.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #16
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Your neighbors can report you, even if you're on private property; and the cops will stop you from firing.

ask me how I know.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
No

It's illegal
Bingo
Old 02-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #18

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Your neighbors can report you, even if you're on private property; and the cops will stop you from firing.

ask me how I know.
OP is in MO, ..big difference from HI..
Old 02-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #19
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
OP is in MO, ..big difference from HI..
ah, thats true.

well
Screw you guys and your loose gun laws
Old 02-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #20

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
ah, thats true.

well
Screw you guys and your loose gun laws
hehe... do a web search on "knob creek maching gun shoot" or "southern ohio machine gun shoot"...