Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Talk about your lucky day......

Old 02-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Talk about your lucky day......

(Maxppp /Landov)
Ludovic Masciave, 36, was driving his car through the Arly Gorge in the French Alps when a 20 ton boulder crashed onto the roof of his vehicle. Amazingly, Masciave survived the crash and is recovering in a local hospital, according to Landov.
"I remember the impact of the rock," Masciave told French newspaper Le Parisien. "I'd been driving slowly at between 40 and 50 kilometres [25 to 31 miles] an hour when suddenly there was a terrible shock which brought the vehicle to a sudden halt. I immediately lost consciousness."
Analyzing the photo, it's nearly impossible to imagine how Masciave escaped from the vehicle alive. The entire vehicle appears smashed under the weight of the 20 ton rock. The Daily Mail reports that the vehicle was so damaged that rescue workers couldn't even determine the make and model of Masciave's vehicle. Naturally, they assumed the driver didn't survive. And yet he lived, despite injuries that include flattened lungs and several broken ribs.

Fortunately, Masciave is expected to make a full recovery. He says he plans to sue the local government for not removing the boulder earlier. He was flown to a local hospital in Albertville, France where he is still scheduled to undergo several operations before being released.
"The space was very restricted. It could be measured in centimeters," Masciave told Le Parisien, referring to the inside of the car. "All I was thinking about was stopping the pain. When firefighters were able to open the door I was finally relieved of the huge pressure of the rock."
Old 02-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
You have got to be kidding me..that's BEYOND crazy..he should have become a complete pancake lol!!! (flattened lungs and broke ribs says he became a slightly flat..pancake-like human)..but geez..its a miracle he didnt just get plane crushed..

Quote:
'I was stuck between the rock and the bottom of the door, but also against the dashboard. The space was very restricted. It could be measured in centimetres.
'My back was pressed against the door and my torso against the rock. I was completely compressed.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoman View Post
He says he plans to sue the local government for not removing the boulder earlier
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
You have got to be kidding me..that's BEYOND crazy..he should have become a complete pancake lol!!! (flattened lungs and broke ribs says he became a slightly flat..pancake-like human)..but geez..its a miracle he didnt just get plane crushed..
X2
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
how did he survive, better yet, how did he get out of the car.

Wondering if he was listening to Rock and Roll at the time.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
saw that too
Old 02-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2, too bad it didn't finish the job...
Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
If it was in the US he'd prolly win his case. I'm pretty sure this is gonna be considered "a act of God".
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wait..WHAT? HE PLANS TO WHAT?! he apparently forgot his physics and weights..20tons aint a featherweight..and moving it would more than likely kill him..I don't like 20ton boulders grinding against my flesh..lol

LMAO nvm..suing them for not noticing it was waiting to fall onto an unexpecting person...I can understand that a bit..depends on how noticable it was..