Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Shipping a Tacoma hood.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping a Tacoma hood.

Has anyone shipped a Tacoma hood before. If so how hard was it can I just ship it UPS or Fedex?

I want to ship from boston to Seattle
Any advice
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
GO JETS GO
LMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLMR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
LMR's Tacoma Gallery
I shipped a CF hood for my old civic and it was expensive. I paid about $150 and it wasn't as far as you have to ship and way lighter. You're probably looking at $200-$250.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
I don't mind paying that price but who do I need to talk to UPS?

Also how do you pack it large thin box with styrofome*? On a pallet? I have no clue
Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
I don't mind paying that price but who do I need to talk to UPS?
Visit a UPS store?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I had a trunk lid packaged, insured, and shipped by ups a few year back, and it was $300 total.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #6
EMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I had a trunk lid packaged, insured, and shipped by ups a few year back, and it was $300 total.
So did UPS pack it up for you. Because I bought a 2012 sport hood and the guy said he would help out but I told him I will figure everything out all he has to do is take to the store and if they will pack it thats great one less step for him to have to do.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
So did UPS pack it up for you. Because I bought a 2012 sport hood and the guy said he would help out but I told him I will figure everything out all he has to do is take to the store and if they will pack it thats great one less step for him to have to do.
Yes, they made a custom box for it and packed it for me, and that was added into the cost. I was worried that if I packed it myself and it got damaged that they would not insure it.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #8
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Get a quote from YRC.com. Fedex and UPS freight are always more expensive. You will need to ship it on a pallet. Its door to door.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
EMS:
Well got the hood today had UPS pack and ship it for $261 also insured it for $400. (I only paid that for it) Well it was dented and folded over and 3 of the 4 corners if you want to call them corners. So now the battle to get my $661 back from UPS. Grrr no 2012 sport hood for me
Old 03-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah you could do LTL on a freightline