Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Advice... (long read)

Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Wow dude that sucks, sorry you're in a pickle.

I'm sure you've already looked for ways to reduce your expenses and increase your income (on the hour) but, you may have to take stronger actions and different methods.

You can't live to work all the time. You need to make whatever adjustments are needed to just be working to live.....work to live not live to work.

I believe it, I live it & I've said it before. How much is an hour of your finite life worth. I promise you, when you or one of you loved ones are facing death, you will not be wishing you'd worked an extra day. Find a way out and enjoy your life (whatever you enjoy), I can tell (like me) it's not going to be found at work.

Good luck buddy.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
That's a tough one, and your sister in law isn't helping. I think you should start by kicking her lazy ass out first and go from their
Old 02-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
First thing I would do is ask your boss to reimburse your work related driving expenses...either by providing you with a company vehicle or reimbursement at $0.60 (sixty cents) a mile. You can't have a quarter of your take-home pay get used up in company related driving...

Second, I would track your workhours and see if you could either get paid for hours over 40 or get additional help to reduce your hours to 40.

On the other hand, your total compensation package is about 40k a year (not knowing your tax situation) and that puts you solidly in the middle class.

Howard
Old 02-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
$enior M3MB3R
jdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant futurejdickey03 has a brilliant future

Name: John
jdickey03's Tacoma Gallery
so does your wife work also?
And as for the sister-inlaw I would definately be asking for some kind of rent, i mean $50-80 every two weeks?? I mean thats like $100-160 a month...If she's not willing to pitch in, then maybe you need to tell her she needs to find somewhere else to live...Believe me, it sucks doing this I just did it with my brother inlaw...

As for the money issue, I mean your bringing in what like 1500 a month? But you are also getting close to $1400 in free housing and utilities... and if your wife works, which it sounds like she may because you were talking about child care then you should be bringing in more than $1500 a month. It sounds like alot of money is going to gas, maybe talk to your employer to see if there is something you can arrange....But honestly if I was the landlord/employer(which i have no experience in) I would say no, mainly because I am giving you $1400 in free housing and utilities. It's a tough one man but good luck
Old 02-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdickey03 View Post
But honestly if I was the landlord/employer(which i have no experience in) I would say no, mainly because I am giving you $1400 in free housing and utilities.
I promise you his employer is getting buy cheap here... The actual cost of that unit is well below market / retail value. Even if the employer rolls in the value of the lost rent, it's still cheap. Also, him having to buy is own fuel...really? It's bullshit...