Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Comedy Clubs - Who has been?

Old 12-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Comedy Clubs - Who has been?

I went to see Craig Shoemaker this past Friday at the Punchline in Atlanta. He is so funny! He kept the whole crowd laughing for 2 hours. My throat & chest were hurting when my date & I left.

http://www.craigshoemaker.com/
Old 12-07-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?

For those of you to young to know. This is a movie quote from "Ferris Buller's Day Off".
Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I want to go to one so bad!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I want to go to one so bad!
You have got a few years till you can get in. The show I went to was 21 & up. I think manly so they didn't have to figure out in the dark who could drink or not.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My point exactly!

There are a few 18+ ones here and there though!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
My point exactly!

There are a few 18+ ones here and there though!
When you turn 18, you should go. They are a blast. The comedians sometimes will involve the audience in the show. Craig Shoemaker did. It made it funnier. It would be fun to go in a large group.

We have several comedy clubs here in Atlanta. And several Improv comedy clubs also.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #7

I'll have to look into it more!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I went to one here in la jolla saw joe rogan from fear factor and the big italian guy in the longest yard man i could not stop laughing joe rogan was pretty damn funnny!
Old 12-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
I went to one here in la jolla saw joe rogan from fear factor and the big italian guy in the longest yard man i could not stop laughing joe rogan was pretty damn funnny!

I've heard him on XM comedy. Funny guy.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:37 AM   #10
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Went to the Midland here in KC. Saw Jerry Seinfeld. I was hurting for a day I laughed so hard! Couple of comedy clubs here. Great place to take a date of GF or --->
Old 12-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
fawk that

i went to the one in columbia...The Comedy House...once...we had free tix to a show...

that place is a GD rip off...not only do people have to buy tickets, you also HAVE to buy at least 2 drinks...and they cant be water...

and of course soft drinks have free refills so thats only 1 drink

i found a cheap way to make it work tho...a shot of bourbon and a coke please
Old 12-08-2008, 07:26 AM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah same at the club i went to had to buy 2drinks but it was worth it
Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #13
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
fawk that

i went to the one in columbia...The Comedy House...once...we had free tix to a show...

that place is a GD rip off...not only do people have to buy tickets, you also HAVE to buy at least 2 drinks...and they cant be water...

and of course soft drinks have free refills so thats only 1 drink

i found a cheap way to make it work tho...a shot of bourbon and a coke please
There is 1 club here that you buy tickets & have a 2 drink min. But the tickets are cheap, around$15. And drinks aren't through the roof.

The Punchline that I went to Friday, no min drink. Tickets were a little pricey. I paid $58 for 2 of us to go. But Craig Shoemaker was worth every penny!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #14
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
The place we go to is Cap City Comedy Club. Tickets aren't too much, even the reserved seating ones. This thread made me think about comedy clubs again and we just bought tickets to go see Ron White in Feb.. should be a good show. Its not at the same CC though.
I've always wanted to see him. He and Lewis Black make me laugh my ass off.

Brian Reagan is coming to Atlanta at a bigger venue than a CC. I was thinking of buying tickets. I saw Jim Gaffigan at that venue a couple of months ago.

I did get to see George Carlin live for an HBO show in New York back in 2001. He will be missed.