Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Home Security Systems??

Old 02-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Air Force: A.G.E.
Name: Hot Carl!!!
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Home Security Systems??

Hey people! I just bought my first house and am looking into a security system. I know theres ADT really cause they just seem to advertise more. I came into a brand new development so home security salesmen are running around trying to lock down the neighborhood with their systems. I had a guy come to my door last week from Point Protect? I've never heard of it before.

I guess I'm just looking to see who has which systems and options in their home? Plus installation and monthly costs? I normally wouldn't be too worried about it, but I'll be leaving on deployments and all that junk so I figure its a good idea.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 02-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
we(well mom and dad) have ADT and we like it allot!

idk if you have dogs. but you can’t let they just rome the house. but them in a room or a crate. are dogs are always in a crate when no one is home. we know someone that had a problem with letting the dog just run around and it al ways set the alarm off.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have vector security. Not sure if they are nationwide or not. I have fire.. carbon monoxide... and burgular protection. I pay 21 per month. I work nightshift gives me piece of mind. I have two dogs...motion detectors are pet sensitive.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
I have vector security. Not sure if they are nationwide or not. I have fire.. carbon monoxide... and burgular protection. I pay 21 per month. I work nightshift gives me piece of mind. I have two dogs...motion detectors are pet sensitive.

This is what we have too. And I gotta say that their response time is crazy fast. My wife accidentally tripped the "silent" alarm one day. I was out front cutting grass when everybody but the National Guard showed up. Only took a few minutes....police, ambulance & a pissed off fire truck driver.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using ADT for the past 2-1/2 years and have had no problems with the system nor with their responsiveness. Whatever you get just don't brain fart and forget your keypad code, then also forget your phone password as you'll be standing in your house with the alarm screaming while trying to convince them to shut it off remotely. Ask me how I know...
Old 02-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
Soon to be west coast
11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed11TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC1(SW/SS) Non Lethal Weapons Instructor Former STS SUBMARINES
Name: Jay
11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
I have Vector as well. No complaints. Motion sensors are actually being phased out of most installs. The better option is using wireless door and window sensors which is what I have. They are also using a newer keypad which does NOT require a home phone line. There is an individual cell phone built into the unit. Also have two car key fobs to arm, disarm, and panic. I pay about 20 bucks a month. Install was free.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
DUDE MAN BRO
BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant futureBEEFY_CHEESY_TACO has a brilliant future

Awesome! Thanks for the info guys and the quick responses. Gotta say Im surprised I didnt get a bunch of pictures of guns haha. I'll check out Vector and ADT to see what they have.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
i built/installed my own system from homesecuritystore.com .
Old 02-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TRD View Post
I have Vector as well. No complaints. Motion sensors are actually being phased out of most installs. The better option is using wireless door and window sensors which is what I have. They are also using a newer keypad which does NOT require a home phone line. There is an individual cell phone built into the unit. Also have two car key fobs to arm, disarm, and panic. I pay about 20 bucks a month. Install was free.
I have all the wireless stuff as well. The motions were left from my last alarm system. They figured since they are already installed may as well keep them.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
gopedguy101 will become famous soon enoughgopedguy101 will become famous soon enough

gopedguy101's Tacoma Gallery
dog and 870
Old 02-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #14
DUDE MAN BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
No im done. Tired. Ive got a son graduating from West Point in May and he will take over the family military duty.
Utah huh? still in yourself?
Yep! Just re-enlisted for another 4 years. I'll probably get out after my ten and go civilian contracted. One nice thing about Hill AFB, theres a lot of contracting oportunities. Tell your son thanks and good luck for me! What do you do in Twin now?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
oh we also have fire and carbon monoxide we have gas stove and fire place. also on the “stay” setting the motion sensors are off but if you open a door the alarm goes off. you don’t get the 15-30 sec warning.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
I have ADT and like it a lot.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future

01TacoBuz's Tacoma Gallery
My self and many family members all have ADT, it is a good system

I have two door switches, two motion sensors and many glassbreaks, the system normally comes with 1 motion, 2 door switches

The extra components will cost more but it is cheaper to get it all done with the initial install, if they have to come back later it costs more for everything extra

There are several things about the ADT system I have that I like, if someone cuts my phone line it notifies the company immediately, they call your house and if they get no answer they send the cops out, if the power goes out, the system still works as it has a backup battery

There are more little things that I like but the company will explain them all when they come to your house

Im sure there are other systems out there that do the same things, just decide which ya like the best

Best of luck
Old 02-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #18
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Isn't that a .22? That's to small for home defense
Old 02-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #19
dbudny is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
dbudny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Isn't that a .22? That's to small for home defense
One well placed. 22 is better than "praying and spraying" with a larger calber. Most people who buy larger calber handguns don't shoot enough to be proficiently accurate with them, however, a .22 is very easy to handle.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #20
PRBulldog36 is just really nicePRBulldog36 is just really nicePRBulldog36 is just really nicePRBulldog36 is just really nicePRBulldog36 is just really nice

Air Force: Canine Handler/Trainer Narc/Exp
Name: Juan
PRBulldog36's Tacoma Gallery
ADT, I have had them for years. In some cases it's cheaper to order your system on-line. Tell them what you want. I love the units that tell you what window or door is being opened. Great if you have kids, you know when they are coming or going. Some systems will text you a message so when your away you still know if someone is coming in or out.