Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Question for you electronic/ wiring guys

Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Question for you electronic/ wiring guys

I have two speakers with just regular speaker wire coming out of them. I want to be able to plug them into my computer to play music, movies, etc. My question is how do I get from speaker wire to the 3.5mm jack(the one you would plug headphones into and ipod, iphone, etc.) Im a noob at this kind of stuff
Old 02-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
I have two speakers with just regular speaker wire coming out of them. I want to be able to plug them into my computer to play music, movies, etc. My question is how do I get from speaker wire to the 3.5mm jack(the one you would plug headphones into and ipod, iphone, etc.) Im a noob at this kind of stuff
it won't do you any good unless you have a power source. Your computer won't put out enough power through the headphone jack or RCA plugs to power the speakers.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krap22 View Post
it won't do you any good unless you have a power source. Your computer won't put out enough power through the headphone jack or RCA plugs to power the speakers.
So how would I get a power source to the speakers?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You need some kind of amp.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
your going to need a little amp to do this.. Honestly, go to best buy or your local PC parts place and pick up a set of 20$ speakers and save yourself the trouble.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
Firefighter:
An amp? I think im good. Those $20 speakers look good to me. Thanks for the help guys
Old 02-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
An amp? I think im good. Those $20 speakers look good to me. Thanks for the help guys
If your trying to find a nice set of PC speakers PM Whippersnapper, he's selling a decent set right now for a good price. He has a thread up on it.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
If your trying to find a nice set of PC speakers PM Whippersnapper, he's selling a decent set right now for a good price. He has a thread up on it.
I wasn't going to push it but thanks man.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
Firefighter:
I just looked at the thread. yeah those look really good but its local only and im not exactly local
Old 02-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Banned
Quote:
I just looked at the thread. yeah those look really good but its local only and im not exactly local
Move closer!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Move closer!!!
lol if I was local or if you allowed shipping I would take them
Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ah sorry, I saw your in cali, he is in cali.. I don't know the layout of Cali so if your in the same state that 'local' to me.

Go to best buy and pick one of these up, 40$ http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech...&skuId=9427774

it's not going to shake the pictures off your walls but it will sound good.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Ah sorry, I saw your in cali, he is in cali.. I don't know the layout of Cali so if your in the same state that 'local' to me.

Go to best buy and pick one of these up, 40$ http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech...&skuId=9427774

it's not going to shake the pictures off your walls but it will sound good.
that looks like a good option. thanks for the input. il check those out
Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
Firefighter:
is something like that ok to put on the carpet? or will it get to hot and possibly cause a fire?
Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Its ok to put on a carpet..