Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Kind of "off topic" 4Runner??

Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Senior MoFo'ing Member
07SpeedwaySport will become famous soon enough
07SpeedwaySport's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of "off topic" 4Runner??

Sold my 2005 double cab in order to get an 2001-2004 double cab. But I also have a 2007 Double Cab available to me 24 hours a day....so I am thinking maybe something different...

I sold my old beater camry and got into a cheap 2002 CRV, it is zippy (reason I sold camry) but man is it rickety. It doesn't seem well built and I want something more substantial and heavy I guess. So I was thinking about the 4 runner (2003+)

I know alot of folks want to or already swapped their 05+ taco's for older ones. Same deal with the 4Runner? Should I just get an 02? They seem awefully expensive for such an old car...

Anyone had an 03+ 4Runner? Happy?

(i know I could have searched for a 4Runner forum, but I don't want to join yet another site)

Thanks all.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
My wife and I bought a 2004 SR5 4R this summer. I'm happy with the condition and the fact that the engine and drive train are the same as my Tacoma for the most part. My wife is happy with the overall feel of the ride and what not (now that I lifted it- The suspension we bought it with was shot..)

www.toyota-4runner.org is a great forum for 4R stuff...You can go browse as a guest to get a general feel of things.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
There is a 4Runner section.

If you're interested in a fourth gen 2003+, the first couple year V6 have issues. Look into it. Get a V8. Other than that, they're good.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
Glocking Tall
TS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTS1980 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police Officer
TS1980's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 07 4Runner with the 4.7 V8. Loved that truck but my older sister needed something 4wd when she relocated to NC, so she took it. Great, solid truck. And fast as hell too. Averaged 14.5 mph though.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Get a 84-85
Old 02-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
3rd gen FTMFW. I love my 02.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
As I posted in another thread this evening, I saw a 3rd gen 4Runner get rearended this evening, it drove off with a broken tailight and the buick sedan that hit it was towed off and probably a total loss.

As far as SUVs go, the 4Runner is without a doubt the best one out there.

The 5th gen 4Runner Trail is by far my favorite vehicle that I've ever driven. If I had the means to make payments on one I would have bought the one I test drove that day. Such a great vehicle.