LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Breckenridge Co

Old 02-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Breckenridge Co

This place is AMAZING. I wish I was here for more than 3 days. . .

Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Welcome to Colorado
Man, this whole place is beautiful. I would LOVE to live out here. The Kansas/Colorado line is like a flip of a switch. Kansas is 60 mph wind gusts, wind turbines, and tumble weed. . .
Old 02-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
was imperial bowl open?.. chair 6 open?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyC View Post
was imperial bowl open?.. chair 6 open?
bowl was closed. Lots of snow today, couldn't see shit. Idk about chair 6. Didn't really pay attention to the numbers. I liked peak 8 the best though. Keep in mind, I am a newbie.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
bowl was closed. Lots of snow today, couldn't see shit. Idk about chair 6. Didn't really pay attention to the numbers. I liked peak 8 the best though. Keep in mind, I am a newbie.
chair 6 has some nice meadows (great if pow), that drop down through narrow mogul runs w/ some cornices/outcroppings in between... there may be an easier way all the way to skier's right, ..been a few years so memory is fuzzy...
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #8

Quote:
chair 6 has some nice meadows (great if pow), that drop down through narrow mogul runs w/ some cornices/outcroppings in between... there may be an easier way all the way to skier's right, ..been a few years so memory is fuzzy...
You might as well be speaking Chinese. . . lol. I don't know this skii/board lingo. . . .yet.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #9

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You might as well be speaking Chinese. . . lol. I don't know this skii/board lingo. . . .yet.
don't worry, you'll pick it up soon enough!

how much snow? any fresh pow (powder)?
Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #10

Quote:
don't worry, you'll pick it up soon enough!

how much snow? any fresh pow (powder)?
Yeah. It started snowing last night, and hasn't stopped all day. Cutting through the trees is the BEST. . .until you wipe out, and sink into 10 inches of snow. lol
Old 02-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #12

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah. It started snowing last night, and hasn't stopped all day. Cutting through the trees is the BEST. . .until you wipe out, and sink into 10 inches of snow. lol
sounds great! watch out for branches <whack>

..if snow is good there, it's probably at least as good at copper, and the bowls should be open there..
Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #13

Quote:
sounds great! watch out for branches <whack>

..if snow is good there, it's probably at least as good at copper, and the bowls should be open there..
Oh, I wrapped myself around a tree, lol. Board went to one side, and I went to the other.

I just overheard someone saying that a bowl was closed. Idk for sure though.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #14

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, I wrapped myself around a tree, lol. Board went to one side, and I went to the other.

I just overheard someone saying that a bowl was closed. Idk for sure though.
are you going back tomorrow?.. if so, check out peak 9 (second peak from the left when facing the mountain), ..there's a ton of rather long blue runs over there, you can run pretty fast, ...all groomed stuff, nice "cruising"
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #15

Quote:
are you going back tomorrow?.. if so, check out peak 9 (second peak from the left when facing the mountain), ..there's a ton of rather long blue runs over there, you can run pretty fast, ...all groomed stuff, nice "cruising"
Yeah, we're going back tomorrow. I think we went to peak 9 today, the part we went down kept pushing me to the wood line, and I couldn't pick up speed. Probably cause I had to keep stopping and waiting on my buddy. It was his first time on a snowbaord.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #16

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, we're going back tomorrow. I think we went to peak 9 today, the part we went down kept pushing me to the wood line, and I couldn't pick up speed. Probably cause I had to keep stopping and waiting on my buddy. It was his first time on a snowbaord.
..a little trick, ..if you're on peak nine, ski down to the mercury chair, ..don't go further, else you get stuck in the lines at the lifts from the base - it can suck at times, although at least you're there on a weekday...
Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #17

Quote:
..a little trick, ..if you're on peak nine, ski down to the mercury chair, ..don't go further, else you get stuck in the lines at the lifts from the base - it can suck at times, although at least you're there on a weekday...
Yeah the lines were not bad at all. Never really had to wait.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #18

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
take some more pics for us tomorrow!