Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

carolina's tacoma meet, anyone???

Old 07-28-2007, 09:52 AM   #21
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've never driven trails...but i also dont wanna rip apart my stock suspension/tires truck...lol
Old 07-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #22
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
j83 i agree with you. i would like to go thru some woods maybe a small stream over some hills but i dont want to tear up my truck by anymeans.

if your scared say your scared im scared
Old 07-28-2007, 11:12 AM   #23
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
I have had a good bit of wheelin' experience whan I had my 04 taco. The 07 has seen no dirt other than the sand roads around some campgrounds.

I don't know what there is in the way of trails in the Carolinas, but unless you want to exclude some members who might otherwise attend you need to choose something that would be more like trail running as opposed to anything hardcore.

Examples.

If there are any TW members in stock 2wd tacos (the five lug versions) then ground clearence will be an issue. This is also something to consider for gen 2 vs gen 1 tacos as well since the gen 1 4x4s and pre-runners have two inches more ground clearence then the gen 2 4x4s and pre-runners.

Also rock crawling would be out, because even with the aid of the locker in a TRD pre-runner it is going to be a problem for them.

Also, having owned both, the gen 2 tacos are a noticable amount wider than the gen 1 so that will also limit the trail selection since no-one wants to get together with friends only to come back with a ton of pine tree pinstriping on their rig.

I might suggest forest service trail, but even then only the major trails or fire-roads.

Sorry, just thinking out loud.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #24
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if there are any places that have multiple trails, that'd be good. the people that wanna wimp it...like me...can still have some fun and get out there, while the others that wanna go balls deep can do so.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #25
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if there are any places that have multiple trails, that'd be good. the people that wanna wimp it...like me...can still have some fun and get out there, while the others that wanna go balls deep can do so.
Agreed. I am also a member of the "wimp it" group. I'll leave the "going balls deep" to those with younger hearts and or deeper pockets.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i coming closer to picking out a place for us. got to do a little more research though. the uwharrie natl forrest is a good place, but you definitely need 4x4 and not care about damage to your ride when you go there. they have some good trails, but they also have alot of rocks/boulders that can seriously mess something up.

like i said, ive narrowed it down, just gotta do a bit more research, then ill post up what we are gonna do. then it'll be funtime for the tacos.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #27
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
Agreed. I am also a member of the "wimp it" group. I'll leave the "going balls deep" to those with younger hearts and or deeper pockets.
i have the younger heart...but not the pockets...lol. i know that there's manchester state forest outside of sumter/pinewood, sc. i'm not sure if the trails there are just for atv/bikes or if trucks are allowed as well.

EDIT: nevermind...the trails there arent for trucks...oh well
Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #28
Sooooooper Moderator

here is a good map/link for the uwharrie NF trails...shows the rating of the trails as well as a general layout. this is on a site from a 4x4 club. its apparently got trails for everyone.

http://home.windstream.net/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif
Old 07-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKatmy06 View Post
What about Uwharrie National Forest, then we can see what our Tacomas are made of.
www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/
Maybe the non 4X4's can team up and ride with and be spotters for the 4X4's. I thought this would be a good place since they have camping sites and plenty of parking, and I live 30 minutes from there and have rode 4 wheelers and taken my jeeps there for years. Just a thought, Oh by the way I have seen many women at Uwharrie kickin but on the trails.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 PM   #30
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

im gonna do a bit more research, but it seems like uwharrie may be a good place for us to go for a weekend......camping and riding. i know for a fact that there are places up there meant only for a 4x4, but im hearing now that there are some pretty tame trails and such for those of us(me too!!) who dont want to tear up our trucks!! as soon as i get all the info, or if i find a different place, ill post up!!
Old 07-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #31
Carolina Alliance
LQQKatmy06 is on a distinguished road

LQQKatmy06's Tacoma Gallery
There are some tame trails for the not so daring. I am also on a Jeep site and have been on some runs with them in the past. I think everyone will be pleased with Uwharrie, count me in.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:40 PM   #32

id like to find out, if we do go to uwharrie,who wants to camp there for the weekend, or maybe even just a night?? sounds like hella fun to me!!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:21 PM   #33
Towing Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
id like to find out, if we do go to uwharrie,who wants to camp there for the weekend, or maybe even just a night?? sounds like hella fun to me!!
A question to those of you are local to that area. how close or far away is Uwharrie to Elizabeth City, NC? (which is about 50 miles south of Norfolk, VA)

Reason for the question, is the only way I can pull off attending is if it is a reasonable distance to fit in a visit with the Sister in Law at the same time.

What in the way of camping does Uwharrie offer? Can I bring my trailer, or would I need to try to find my tent?

Thanks for the info
Old 07-31-2007, 07:53 PM   #34

here is a link to the uwharrie home page i found.......check it out and let me know what ya'll think about it!!

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/
Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 PM   #35
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
Reason for the question, is the only way I can pull off attending is if it is a reasonable distance to fit in a visit with the Sister in Law at the same time.
Thanks for the info
yahoo maps is showing about 260 miles and 4.5 hours. i'll be heading to there from fayetteville and its showing about 76 miles and 1.75 hours.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:41 PM   #36

so far....looks like im the only one with a prerunner(no 4x4), guess i'll have to take it kinda easy. all the 4x4's will be showin me up!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM   #37
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
so far....looks like im the only one with a prerunner(no 4x4), guess i'll have to take it kinda easy. all the 4x4's will be showin me up!!!
i'll be there pal...prerunner here too...guess i need to add that to my sig...lol
Old 07-31-2007, 08:47 PM   #38

very good to know........and we can see what out e-lockers can do!! this is gonna be a kick ass time definitely! it'll actually be my first time trail riding too! looking forward to it!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:52 PM   #39
Sooooooper Moderator

i'm starting to get giddy like a schoolgirl...haha
Old 07-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #40

Quote:
i'm starting to get giddy like a schoolgirl...haha
........well hell yeah!