Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Cell Phone Accident

Old 12-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Cell Phone Accident

I thought this was an interesting read...well, the photo was much more interesting. See here: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_11184986
Old 12-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, at least everyone was ok. New laws here starting in Jan. with cell phones and driving. I have to agree that cells phones and driving don;t mix. But I can bet almost everyone does it, I know I do.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
They are already illegal in Washington. The only way to use one while driving is with a hands free device. That picture is crazy!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
That is one lucky driver... lucky he didn't kill anyone else.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
We had a semi hit a school bus in the rear several months ago. Semi driver was on the cell phone. Killed a couple kids.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #6
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Yeah, crazy stuff. Colorado doesn't have a law yet, but I'm sure we'll have a hands-free type law soon...especially after this accident. I know New Mexico bans the use of cell phones unless you have a hands-free device.

I agree with you all...at least no one was injured in this accident and the semi didn't take anyone else out.

Drive safe out there y'all! I wish everyone a safe Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #8
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
It's the opposite here. Every friggin cop & sheriff you see driving around has one up to his ear.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
It's the opposite here. Every friggin cop & sheriff you see driving around has one up to his ear.
I know that it is now illegal to do that in Farmington, NM.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
What's up with that? Every time I pick up a rental car there, the automated voice recording always tells the passengers that it is illegal to use a cell phone while driving unless a hands-free device is used. Funny.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
maryjstar89 is on a distinguished road
maryjstar89's Tacoma Gallery
oh wow yeah i think cell phones are soo dangerous. There have even been times where i have almost been in an accident with my phone. but people dont follow the laws anyway.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
in calif we have the nands free cel phone law
BUT they have to change it
people are text messaging!!! now how scary is that !
Ya, I see a lot of teenagers texting while driving. What's really lame is the other day I saw a carload and each one of the passengers was texting, including the driver! I wonder if they were texting each other...
Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #13
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
Ya, I see a lot of teenagers texting while driving. What's really lame is the other day I saw a carload and each one of the passengers was texting, including the driver! I wonder if they were texting each other...
That has been causing some serious accidents here.

...although, I can't say that I have never done it.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #15
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I can drive perfectly fine with a cell phone. It's a shame others can't.

Oh well.

Even when using the handsfree I still find that I zone out a bit when on the phone. You know all of a sudden I am pulling in the driveway and I don't remember driving the last 5 or so miles? I think I drive reasonably well all things considered but using a phone just reduces my focus.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
It's about knowing when to talk and when to shut up. Changing lanes, don't talk, pull the phone from your ear, signal, shoulder check then lane change when safe to do so. After that's completed resume talking. If you're driving straight it's not fucking rocket science.

People just need to realise when driving requires their full undivided attention and when you can put the brain in auto pilot.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #17
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
It's about knowing when to talk and when to shut up. Changing lanes, don't talk, pull the phone from your ear, signal, shoulder check then lane change when safe to do so. After that's completed resume talking. If you're driving straight it's not fucking rocket science.

People just need to realise when driving requires their full undivided attention and when you can put the brain in auto pilot.
Agreed I'm just sayin, I know what I should be doing with regards to following the rules and obeying laws it just feels a bit like I go on autopilot when on the phone.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #18
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm more worried when I'm tired and driving. I've almost nodded off at the wheel once. Not a pleasant experience. And not a safe one. Never do that again. Pull over. Nap. Get back on the road.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #19
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
We here in Rochester had to go through the Fairport Five, five beautiful young cheerleaders from Fairport New York crashed and burned to death on the highway. One of the cheerleaders was driving and texting and crashed into a large truck, it brought the city to it knees in sorrow, the driver of the truck had to be admitted to a mental facility. It was a bad summer.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i dont talk on my cell and drive................if i need to talk that bad...i'll pull over. my wife has finally gotten, after many arguments and shit, that she dont need to talk on the phone and drive, especially after work............she works maybe 10 minutes from home, and thats with alot of traffic....5 minutes if traffic aint bad.

hell............people running 75 on the interstate need to hang the hell up and drive. them people dont pay attention at all, especially while yakking away!! wish they'd make cell phone/driving laws here!