Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

When i was a kid we played with ...

Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #281
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bluetacoma View Post
how do you know? i know I've been on the giving end not the receiving end and its hella fun
me and a friend had a “firework fight” lol shot each other with bottle rockets and roman candles. what sucks is we had like 3 of these “wirework fights” that how like it took to realize it was may to much pain to go thru for how much fun it was. that pain took every bit of fun out of it.

edit: i should know by now not to say “don’t ask” because everyone asks and i end up telling what went on anyways. lol
Old 03-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #282
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post

+

=

This!!! I loved it when it rained lol
Old 03-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #283
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
This!!! I loved it when it rained lol
x3. playing football in front yard or riding bikes in the rain. FU what the news says stay indoors and shit. lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #284
moe1967 is on a distinguished road
moe1967's Tacoma Gallery
When i was a kid we played with ...-mexican_slingshot.jpg
Old 03-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #285
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
We used to stand in a circle and throw our Jarts straight up in the air and see who's would land closest to them. Good times. And when someone started crying the meddling adults would tell us to stop it was usually inside to play with these...

Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #286
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
When I was a kid, I pretty much played with sticks and rocks....
Like this but with a rock instead of the wheel?
Attached Thumbnails
When i was a kid we played with ...-kid-hoop.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #287
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
When I was a kid, I pretty much played with sticks and rocks....
My parents were against video games and too much tv so I did a lot of "wars" with sticks and rocks...climbed a lot of trees, played in the woods, rode 4-wheelers, then we all got into the paintball phase. I still go explore in the woods and play paintball

I will say my cousin's parents were the opposite so when I'd stay the weekend at his house we'd play 007 on N64 into the wee hours of the morning. Also, Star Fox, Super Smash Bros, Mario...the good days
Old 03-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #288
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse1 View Post
We used to stand in a circle and throw our Jarts straight up in the air and see who's would land closest to them. Good times. And when someone started crying the meddling adults would tell us to stop it was usually inside to play with these...

I had one of those kits.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #289
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhite188 View Post
Or my first computer.. A TI-99A I remember it had games you could buy that were on cassette Tape and their was an adapter that your had to plug into it... Damn I feel old all of a sudden....

This was the first computer I bought. Remember how all the accessories plugged into the side (e.g. voice synthesizer)? With all of the accessories attached, the computer was about 4' long. I had the voice synthesizer.
Attached Thumbnails
When i was a kid we played with ...-ti-99.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #290

I always admired the kids who had the control line gas powered planes that flew in a circle.

Attached Thumbnails
When i was a kid we played with ...-bandplane.jpg   When i was a kid we played with ...-control-line.jpg  
Old 03-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #291
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
i remember having alot of marbles too and super balls! man all these toys makes me totally miss being a kid
Ahh!

Superballs!

Grandpa worked for Kirkhill Rubber in Brea.

Guess who made Superballs for Wham-O?

Guess who had a 5-gallon bucket of Superballs?

I didn't care if one bounced over the fence.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #292
08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough08bluetacoma is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: Dave
08bluetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Ahh!

Superballs!

Grandpa worked for Kirkhill Rubber in Brea.

Guess who made Superballs for Wham-O?

Guess who had a 5-gallon bucket of Superballs?

I didn't care if one bounced over the fence.
Gah! i would have killed to have that many all mine ended up on top of the gym at my school... Had to wait for that infamous day when the janitor would go up there and throw all the balls down!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #293
TacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AL
TacoAL's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone remember boglins?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #294
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bluetacoma View Post
Gah! i would have killed to have that many all mine ended up on top of the gym at my school... Had to wait for that infamous day when the janitor would go up there and throw all the balls down!
One of the biggest disappointments of my childhood was the day he brought over a Superball the size of a grapefruit.

Oh man... I didn't want to lose that one. It was not getting bounced in the back yard.
It was not getting bounced at the playground.
It was not getting bounced in the street.
No sir!
I had visions of it bouncing into orbit!
I asked my dad to put it in the gun safe until I asked for it.

So I waited until Thanksgiving Day (all businesses closed) and rode my bike to a large parking lot (that I would later learn to drive in)

I carefully placed myself in the center of the lot.
I measured the wind.
I checked for potential thieves.
And I let it drop....

thud

WTF?

I threw it against the ground...

thud thud

I think a bowling ball would have bounced higher.